Sanderson

Yeah. Not good. They will go hard at Bomber or go for Ling.

Who else is available?

Harvey?

Neeld is available.

;)

Crows people?

Bickley I guess. Ben Hart at Collingwood. Tyson Edwards is an assistant at Port.

Is Viney still an assistant at Melbourne? Was pretty highly rated at one point.

Usual suspects - Caracella, Nigel Lappin.

Leigh Tudor maybe?

Could be a Ken Hinkley type, been an assistant for years

and is highly credentialed everywhere he’s been.

Yes he was the other one I couldn't remember.

Martie Mattner (Swans midfield coach) ?

AFL - #AFLFinals ‏@AFL 4s
Simon Goodwin joins the @melbournefc coaching panel. Press conference at 12.30pm. RT @AFL_petryan: Goodwin has joined @melbournefc

Lol
Cop that adelaide
Bomber has already said he isnt going there.

AFL - #AFLFinals ‏@AFL 4s
Simon Goodwin joins the @melbournefc coaching panel. Press conference at 12.30pm. RT @AFL_petryan: Goodwin has joined @melbournefc

Lol
Cop that adelaide
Bomber has already said he isnt going there.
Bomber also said he wouldn't coach us either after the sanctions were handed down!
It took some convincing to get him interested.
He's still in play until he officially signs for us.
Having said that, I don't think he will end up there.

"You know how we said you were fired? Yeah. Funny story..."

could go after bassett

Obviously did the chop because Goodwin was about to sign with Melbourne. It's like what we did with Sheeds and Voss (day after Carlton sacked Pagan)
Goodwin will be a shoe in for the job, doubt Bomber will go though.

No, was just a co-incidence with Goodwin.
Players review was scathing early in the week, Tex and a couple of other senior players threatened to walk if Sanderson didnt go.
Very reliable source has said about a dozen players campaigned to get him booted.
Has been confirmed that 5 players led the revolt.
Walker, Dangerfield, Douglas and the two Crouch brothers. One of the brothers has played a couple of career games and he is teeing off at the coach, pretty poor form IMO.
Worst part is the skipper Van Berlo wasnt even informed yesterday, had to hear it on the news. What kind of club are they running where the players are steering the ship?

Interesting in Goodwins press conference he said that

Riccuto called him last night and asked if he was interested in the Adelaide job.

but he said he had already thought about the melbourne job for a while and that was the path he wanted to take.

I think he had come to a verbal agreement already with Melbourne and didnt want to change that destination.

As a lot of people in EFC Circles knew he was going to melbourne.

Also i think the crows job will be hard given they expect finals success and tippett leaving and draft pick penalties would have hampered list improvement last couple of years..

Obviously did the chop because Goodwin was about to sign with Melbourne. It's like what we did with Sheeds and Voss (day after Carlton sacked Pagan)

Players review was scathing early in the week, Tex and a couple of other senior players threatened to walk if Sanderson didnt go.
Very reliable source has said about a dozen players campaigned to get him booted.
Walker, Dangerfield, Douglas and the two Crouch brothers. One of the brothers has played a couple of career games and he is teeing off at the coach, pretty poor form IMO.
Worst part is the skipper Van Berlo wasnt even informed yesterday, had to hear it on the news. What kind of club are they running where the players are steering the ship?

Sadly, the new age football clubs.

And Lol at the Crouch brothers. One has been there 2 minutes and one 5 minutes

To be fair wasn't it a players revolt the reason (one of) we sacked Knights?

Yes, I was including us in that.

What kind of club are they running where the players are steering the ship?

First time Old Man Fletcher has been labelled New Age.

Sanderson stands down just after Sandown.

Interesting in Goodwins press conference he said that

Riccuto called him last night and asked if he was interested in the Adelaide job.

but he said he had already thought about the melbourne job for a while and that was the path he wanted to take.

I think he had come to a verbal agreement already with Melbourne and didnt want to change that destination.

As a lot of people in EFC Circles knew he was going to melbourne.

Also i think the crows job will be hard given they expect finals success and tippett leaving and draft pick penalties would have hampered list improvement last couple of years..

Goodwin strikes as someone who once he has committed to a decision won't renege on it. I'm sure that played a part in it. Besides that, my understanding is that he's happy living in Melbourne and would prefer not to move.

that and the fact that crowds were way down, and everyone hated him by the end

Walker, Dangerfield, Douglas and the two Crouch brothers.
One of the brothers has played a couple of career games and he is teeing off at the coach, pretty poor form IMO.

Where has this been confirmed? Clearly reading between the lines the players had an influence, just not sure this has been confirmed anywhere.

Edit I'll answer my own question, I just read an article that mentioned they'd been named on radio.

Walker, Dangerfield, Douglas and the two Crouch brothers.
One of the brothers has played a couple of career games and he is teeing off at the coach, pretty poor form IMO.

Where has this been confirmed? Clearly reading between the lines the players had an influence, just not sure this has been confirmed anywhere.
Edit I'll answer my own question, I just read an article that mentioned they'd been named on radio.

I thought danger field seemed a bit shifty on the footy show. But if he's going to sack a coach he can't exactly leave under free agency next year.