Sanderson

Desperately unlucky.

Got them to a Prelim the first year he coached them.

The last two years, they've been thereabouts (easily could have made the finals this year), despite the departures of Davis, Tippett and Bock, and having to do without Tex Walker for the majority of the time.

Yeah pretty tight on Sanderson this.

Welcome to Essendon B. Sanderson.

What if…

Gold Coast dump McKenna and make a push for Bomber, who will just say, ‘No thanks, but Sando is a perfect fit for you guys’.

I think he will end up at Gold Coast. He’s also best mates with Nathan Buckley so if he wants to feel comfortable, he will head there. I think he’d be too expensive (is the coaching salary cap in place yet?) for us to take on.

What if...
Gold Coast dump McKenna and make a push for Bomber, who will just say, 'No thanks, but Sando is a perfect fit for you guys'.
I think he will end up at Gold Coast. He's also best mates with Nathan Buckley so if he wants to feel comfortable, he will head there. I think he'd be too expensive (is the coaching salary cap in place yet?) for us to take on.

Don't really understand why McKenna is under so much pressure to be honest. 

Adelaide's got soft draws in the last three years - Very soft draws - Adelaide should have made the finals in each of those years.

Anyway expect that GC will act on McKenna tomorrow - Adelaide's decision will give the GC courage to make the tough decision. McKenna is under pressure because the GC board set a plan to win a premiership in 2015 - That's unlikely seeing they've yet to make finals.

Mark Neeld I can understand, this I don’t. Unless in some bizarro world Bomba has agreed to coach them as there ain’t much out there available.

#MoreMayoJon reporting on twitter that Sando is sacked. Ends report with *bang*. 

Scum.

What if...
Gold Coast dump McKenna and make a push for Bomber, who will just say, 'No thanks, but Sando is a perfect fit for you guys'.
I think he will end up at Gold Coast. He's also best mates with Nathan Buckley so if he wants to feel comfortable, he will head there. I think he'd be too expensive (is the coaching salary cap in place yet?) for us to take on.

When was the last time a sacked coach walked into another senior coaching role?
I agree with Zimm, no idea why bluey is under pressure. GC are pretty much exactly where everyone said they would be

Sando.

Why would Bomber move to Adelaide?

Bomber strikes me as the kind of bloke who would decline an opportunity to move interstate on the basis that he couldn't be bothered packing.

Will we see articles from you know who detesting the sacking of a person with 2 years to run on a contract?

Obviously did the chop because Goodwin was about to sign with Melbourne. It's like what we did with Sheeds and Voss (day after Carlton sacked Pagan)

Goodwin will be a shoe in for the job, doubt Bomber will go though.

Why would Bomber move to Adelaide?

Bomber strikes me as the kind of bloke who would decline an opportunity to move interstate on the basis that he couldn't be bothered packing.

When I imagine Ricciuto calling Bomber, all I can think of is Bomber giving the Jimmy speech to Jules in the The Bonnie Situation.

Obviously did the chop because Goodwin was about to sign with Melbourne. It's like what we did with Sheeds and Voss (day after Carlton sacked Pagan)

No, was just a co-incidence with Goodwin.
Players review was scathing early in the week, Tex and a couple of other senior players threatened to walk if Sanderson didnt go.
Very reliable source has said about a dozen players campaigned to get him booted.

Players review was scathing early in the week, Tex and a couple of other senior players threatened to walk if Sanderson didnt go.
Very reliable source has said about a dozen players campaigned to get him booted.

Wow, was he really that bad? Why the scathing review?

Did Sanderson work under Malthouse or Bomber (or both?)

Desperately unlucky.

Got them to a Prelim the first year he coached them.

The last two years, they've been thereabouts (easily could have made the finals this year), despite the departures of Davis, Tippett and Bock, and having to do without Tex Walker for the majority of the time.

Choked on it this year though.

Came home 2-3, with only 1 of those games against a finals team. And very up and down in their efforts all year.

I think he would've generally been safe at most clubs with his overall record, but if there's rumblings from the group, and things going south, that's when boards act.

Wow, was he really that bad? Why the scathing review?
Did Sanderson work under Malthouse or Bomber (or both?)
Only got the story third hand from a player at the Crows but they were not impressed with a lot of stuff Sanderson did. Found him fairly weak and over assessed their list, wasnt prepared to make the hard moves. They have 5-6 players out of contract at seasons end including Walker, Sloane and Dangerfield, atleast 2 of those told the club they would leave at seasons end if Sando stayed

AFL - #AFLFinals ‏@AFL 4s

Simon Goodwin joins the @melbournefc coaching panel. Press conference at 12.30pm. RT @AFL_petryan: Goodwin has joined @melbournefc

Haha Adelaide.