Saturday Footy

and if you remove him from the team the midfield cupboard for the future is very bare as far as top level mids and midfield depth go. 

Hopefully guys like Heps,Zaka, etc keep going on an upward curve so by the time Jobe retires they will fill the void.

Melbourne tanking again.

Suns starting to look like an established team.

Stinkin' pies.

Suns starting to look like an established team.

I've always rated them over GWS, but seriously they beat Melbourne by 2 kicks.

Nathan Jones looks devastated every time he walks off after a loss, while Colin Sylvia always has a smirk on his face like he just won on a $5 scratchie.

Nice to see Ablett was quiet for a change

Hopefully guys like Heps,Zaka, etc keep going on an upward curve so by the time Jobe retires they will fill the void.

We need both of them and then some. 

Looking at Sydney and the combination of ball winning ability and also speed in the middle is staggering.

I think one of the weaknesses we have that is starting to show is our complete and utter lack of legspeed in the middle. 

Regarding the earlier game, the Bullies are really looking like a team on the rise.  Might not happen next year, but it will happen the year after.  You never know with first time coaches, but McCartney looks like the anti-Neeld.  Is Jarrad Grant actually turning into a good player?

We need both of them and then some. 

Looking at Sydney and the combination of ball winning ability and also speed in the middle is staggering.

I think one of the weaknesses we have that is starting to show is our complete and utter lack of legspeed in the middle. 

I think the most impressive thing about Sydney's midfield is that they genuinely work both ways.  With that said, they got absolutely destroyed tonight.

Nathan Jones looks devastated every time he walks off after a loss, while Colin Sylvia always has a smirk on his face like he just won on a $5 scratchie.

lol

So true about Jones the poor bugger must hate it with his team mates leave him with the bulk of the grunt work every week.

I think the most impressive thing about Sydney's midfield is that they genuinely work both ways.  With that said, they got absolutely destroyed tonight.

They close the opposition down real quick going the other way how the fark do they do it.

It's tightening up a bit from spots 2 to 7.  Collingwood have now beaten Geelong, Sydney and Essendon.  They are hitting great form at the right time and unfortunately, looking very threatening.  Coll vs Hawthorn GF would be close to my worst case scenario!   We might be having a preview next week.  If our form does not turn in the next month we will finish 7th or 8th.  We could even be 7th by tomorrow night - dropping 5 places in 3 weeks.  Given the way the VFL team played today, to say that I am not confident is probably an understatement.  No mojo.  I hate Collingwood.

They've got enough runs on the board to be considered proven even after getting destroyed. 

Collingwood at their best are similar. 

Incredible ball winning ability and when they run hard, they are every bit as good as we saw tonight. 

Did anyone see the insight into the port Adelaide coaches box on fox just then after the pies/swans game.

Thought that was really cool!

Did anyone see the insight into the port Adelaide coaches box on fox just then after the pies/swans game.
Thought that was really cool!

Saw that earlier today Hinkley is a workman type bloke which i like.

It's tightening up a bit from spots 2 to 7.  Collingwood have now beaten Geelong, Sydney and Essendon.  They are hitting great form at the right time and unfortunately, looking very threatening.  Coll vs Hawthorn GF would be close to my worst case scenario!   We might be having a preview next week.  If our form does not turn in the next month we will finish 7th or 8th.  We could even be 7th by tomorrow night - dropping 5 places in 3 weeks.  Given the way the VFL team played today, to say that I am not confident is probably an understatement.  No mojo.  I hate Collingwood.

Will be Stantons 200th game tomorrow hopefully the boys can get back to their best and give him a huge win.

Regarding the earlier game, the Bullies are really looking like a team on the rise.  Might not happen next year, but it will happen the year after.  You never know with first time coaches, but McCartney looks like the anti-Neeld.  Is Jarrad Grant actually turning into a good player?

No - he was only playing on a younger version of himself in Bootsma.  If Bootsma is in Carlton's best 22, then it's not hard to see why they're struggling.

Bomber had some supreme assistants.

No - he was only playing on a younger version of himself in Bootsma.  If Bootsma is in Carlton's best 22, then it's not hard to see why they're struggling.

Fair enough, but he seems to have played well the last few weeks.  Seems to be putting in much more effort and it's paying off.

Back to Collingwood, I don't know what FIGJAM has said to them, but it looks like they've quit the downhill skiing that had crept into their game since he took over.  They outSydney-ed Sydney tonight with their pressure, hard running and intensity.