Scotty Cummings on Open Mike ft Trade reminiscing

And on the other side of McAllister you’ve got Salmon and Jobe!

We turkey slapped Adelaide in 95. Pick 45 for Wellman was a steal

Olarenshaw trade got us the Rama draft pick. Interesting

I like to wind up Dogs fans who think they won out of Olarenshaw and West living on the border of the zones by saying Olarenshaw has 0 brownlows but 1 premiership medal while West has none of either. I now have some more ammo if West’s son is good.

We did give up Salmon as part of the Wellman deal which isn’t reflected on draft guru. But Barnard came in as well. Basically the best 3 club trade of all time:

Essendon In - Wellman and Barnard - Out Salmon
Adelaide In - D Jarman - Out Wellman
Hawthorn In Salmon - Out Barnard and D Jarman

1 Like

2001 was when we redrafted him - wasn’t too long before Blitz came to be.

I asked Scott Cummings about Sheedy once, at a pub in king street after we had both had about a million beers. He looked at me with a pained expression and said he could never understand WTF he was on about, ever.

1 Like

Was Scotty smashing ciggies?

I saw him once after a game (he had played reserves) so I told him I was a big fan, and he just asked me for a ciggy. I was, like, 15 or 16. Cheap ■■■■■■■, but I gave him one, and ‘one for later.’

3 Likes

Not that I was a “fan fan” of McAlister, I did feel for the kid as he struggled to make it given his high pick. I remember one game at the G where he’d managed to get back into the seniors. But to no avail as he only got a few touches but he couldn’t get clean possessions, got tackled, missed targets - he was poor. Inside I was going “come on Daniel” hoping he’d do something good. But it was not to be.

This exactly - from memory he squibbed a contest and Sheeds dragged him and that was it.