Search for former Dons

The saddest story is that of Ross Napoli.

After leaving Essendon, Napoli made a name for himself at South Fremantle and Coburg.

Sadly became a quadraplegic after an incident whilst playing and if you search Ross Napoli on Youtube, there was a fundraising event in 2001 at Crown that involved names like Sheedy and Carey. Even Hirdy, who had a column in the Herald-Sun in the late 1990’s, wrote about the sadness on hearing of the news about the injury.

That is sad.

I used to umpire with a relative of his (who also umpired in the VFA and AFL) and this particular person would always talk to me about Ross and his progress.

Someone should explain the way Google works to the club.

Someone should explain the way Google works to the club.

History would suggest they don’t have a search history

I’ll pop Shane Irwin on my facebook. Someone from Horsham should know where he is.

The McPhee could be one of the brothers who came from East Keilor in the mid 70s - Les and Graham if I remember correctly.

Pretty sure it is Graham McPhee who played for the Reserves in the late 70s.
I played cricket with him at Old Essendon CC.
He died in 1987 from a brain hemorrhage.
He was about 30.
He’d lived a life in those years though.
Champion bloke.

After leaving Essendon, Napoli made a name for himself at South Fremantle and Coburg.

Sadly became a quadraplegic after an incident whilst playing and if you search Ross Napoli on Youtube, there was a fundraising event in 2001 at Crown that involved names like Sheedy and Carey. Even Hirdy, who had a column in the Herald-Sun in the late 1990’s, wrote about the sadness on hearing of the news about the injury.

That is sad.

Surely you’d be a chance to find some of the blokes on that list bomber c
The boy Collins for instance…
The McPhee could be one of the brothers who came from East Keilor in the mid 70s - Les and Graham if I remember correctly.

He was about 30.
Champion bloke.

Might be hard getting touch with him

He was about 30.
Champion bloke.

Thats sad - I played with him at East Keilor. As you say, he was a great guy.

He was about 30.
Champion bloke.

Might be hard getting touch with him

We may need a medium such as GOD.

He’s pretty damned good that Gary O’Donnell.

Drew Heard is Shane Heard’s brother so shouldn’t be too hard to track down.

Neil King was a prominent athletics coach and a former chief executive of Atletics Australia and is also likely to be easy to find.

The unfortunate Ross Napoli was, IIRC, a mate of Steve Allessio’s so just ask him.

Drew Heard is Shane Heard's brother so shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Neil King was a prominent athletics coach and a former chief executive of Atletics Australia and is also likely to be easy to find.

The unfortunate Ross Napoli was, IIRC, a mate of Steve Allessio’s so just ask him.

Ross was (and perhaps still is) Cess’ best mate. I think Ross took Cess to the club. Cess was basically a walk in, and asked to train. I suppose you could do that back then. Being 200cm probably doesn’t hurt your chances of getting a yes.

in a list of occasional reserves players?
Harsh to tar them all as "occasional reserves players". Winis Imbi was on the rookie list for a season, I think Oakley might've been as well. Tim Williams if memory serves was about the only fit senior-listed player not to get a game during the injury-plagued 1997 season.
Drew Heard is Shane Heard's brother so shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Ross was (and perhaps still is) Cess’ best mate. I think Ross took Cess to the club. Cess was basically a walk in, and asked to train. I suppose you could do that back then. Being 200cm probably doesn’t hurt your chances of getting a yes.

I used to not fully get the value of Cess compared to our other illustrious ruckmen, then I saw him swing Wayne Carey around 360 degrees pretty much airborne, with one hand hanging onto Carey’s shorts.

That is sad.

Surely you’d be a chance to find some of the blokes on that list bomber c
The boy Collins for instance…

Hes 36 now Mero and still having a kick at Aberfeldies reserves…
I am told that the response to this has been first class from our fans.

Will we be fined for not having past players details up to date?

S. Dimitriou

We can finally have our ‘what have you got to say for yourself now Dimetriou’ moment.

Will we be fined for not having past players details up to date?
Hi Souley we have the best past players association in the business as we really look after our ex players in need.
No other club does it better from what i have been told Alan Stoneham for example loves our club for the support we give.
So the answer is yes we will be crucified by the dictatorial government.

He was about 30.
Champion bloke.

I also played cricket with Graham, (and his brothers)at East Keilor . We were in B turf premiership in 79/80 if i remember correctly. Greame Leydin was also in the team.

You know what’s a really good way to hurt yourself? Try re-living past bowling glories without doing a proper warm up. You’ll be ratsh*t for days.

just saw the vid of moorcroft taking mark of the year in northern league. What a champion, should have signed him as a top up.