Season 2015 - Brisbane

Our club isn’t a ■■■■■■■ nobody.

Our club isn't a ■■■■■■■ nobody.
Makes it all the worse in my opinion.

Respect The Great ZO’B.

missed the point cuz, we’ve made ■■■■ decisions but it hasn’t made everything collapse.

ZOB has incurred a 3 week club suspension.

Would happen in every team

Leppitsch on the other hand has also been punished by not being suspended and having to coach Brisbane

missed the point cuz, we’ve made ■■■■ decisions but it hasn’t made everything collapse.

No we haven’t collapsed. We have stood up in many ways despite a two and a half year barrage - and it is continuing imo.
We really need genuine on field success to take us to another place.

Leppitsch obviously has all the players behind him, going from their on-field and off-field efforts.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

HAHA PAZZA.

HAHA PAZZA.

I bet that’s what happens when you press Ctrl-V.

We’ve ridiculed pazza so often now, without a scintilla of effect, that it’s hardly worth it.

Respect The Great ZO’B.
Barrett pounds the absolute crap out of all things Essendon for three years and we take it.

He says a vague half interesting story about Tom Rockliff, Rockliff tells him to eat it and the football world applauds him for it.

Imagine we had someone with just ONE ball the size of Rockliffs.

And he’s given us more ammo, in his Sliding Doors column. Paraphrasing, but along the lines of “Hird said he and the club would be in a better position when the truth come out, been two and a half years so where’s your truth Jimmy?” Tosspot’s clearly never heard of a media gag, only gag he’s probably familiar with is the ball gag he wears during his bedroom activities. Allegedly.

Barrett pounds the absolute crap out of all things Essendon for three years and we take it.

He says a vague half interesting story about Tom Rockliff, Rockliff tells him to eat it and the football world applauds him for it.

Sad but true. It’s really disappointing. :frowning:

I just loved how Barrett responded with “That’s what I heard.” Line… couldn’t really come back with solid facts.

Bestin the Business right there…

http://www.sen.com.au/news/08-15/tim-watson-flogs-barrett-for-lions-gaffe
Tim Watson flogs Barrett for Lions gaffe Joshua Papanikolaou | 21 Aug 2015, 12:36PM

Football journalist Damian Barrett copped a flogging on Morning Glory from Tim Watson for his inaccurate story of a falling out between two Brisbane players.

He claimed that Lions captain Tom Rockliff and his deputy Dayne Zorko were not seeing eye-to-eye and that the skipper’s leadership style had alienated his teammate.

Both players were quick to strongly refute the claim on twitter with Rockliff confirming that the pair were close and was incensed Barrett had not consulted him to confirm the story.

“My flog goes to Damian Barrett who went with a story last night on Channel 9 about the alleged disharmony in the Brisbane Lions,” said Watson on SEN radio.

“There was a withering response from the skipper there, Tommy Rockliff.”

Watson compared it to a similar situation where he was forced to set another journalist straight regarding the departure of James Hird as coach of Essendon.

“I got called by a journalist through the week, who put to me a story that was so farfetched and full of bunkum that I thought it was laughable,” he explained.

“But they were going to go with the story and it related to the Essendon Football Club.

“It was along the lines that the parents of the players had driven the sacking of James Hird – that’s how ridiculous the story was.

“But, this particular journo thought there was some validity, now they didn’t write the story but that’s not to say they thought it was right.”

With free agency, coaching positions available, trade speculation and possible rule changes there is almost an unprecedented level of hype leading into this finals series.

“Now, that’s what we’re dealing with sometimes when journalists get whiffs of a rumour or speculative piece and decide that’s got some validity,” added Watson.

It is happening due to newspapers seeking the quick story to break as the internet age bites into their revenue. It has gone from compiling and investigating a story over time to quickly throwing anything out there as clickbait. The truth is not necessary.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/08-15/tim-watson-flogs-barrett-for-lions-gaffe

Tim Watson flogs Barrett for Lions gaffe Joshua Papanikolaou | 21 Aug 2015, 12:36PM

Football journalist Damian Barrett copped a flogging on Morning Glory from Tim Watson for his inaccurate story of a falling out between two Brisbane players.

He claimed that Lions captain Tom Rockliff and his deputy Dayne Zorko were not seeing eye-to-eye and that the skipper’s leadership style had alienated his teammate.

Both players were quick to strongly refute the claim on twitter with Rockliff confirming that the pair were close and was incensed Barrett had not consulted him to confirm the story.

“My flog goes to Damian Barrett who went with a story last night on Channel 9 about the alleged disharmony in the Brisbane Lions,” said Watson on SEN radio.

“There was a withering response from the skipper there, Tommy Rockliff.”

Watson compared it to a similar situation where he was forced to set another journalist straight regarding the departure of James Hird as coach of Essendon.

“I got called by a journalist through the week, who put to me a story that was so farfetched and full of bunkum that I thought it was laughable,” he explained.

“But they were going to go with the story and it related to the Essendon Football Club.

“It was along the lines that the parents of the players had driven the sacking of James Hird – that’s how ridiculous the story was.

“But, this particular journo thought there was some validity, now they didn’t write the story but that’s not to say they thought it was right.”

With free agency, coaching positions available, trade speculation and possible rule changes there is almost an unprecedented level of hype leading into this finals series.

“Now, that’s what we’re dealing with sometimes when journalists get whiffs of a rumour or speculative piece and decide that’s got some validity,” added Watson.

Hats off to Tommy.

Probably just putting out there what the majority of players think of the scungy little man anyway, good on him for having the balls and I hope he isn’t censured by his club or the league.