Season 2015 - Port Adelaide

Quoted Post
Ryder has struggled in the ruck contests,especially centre bounces which are his strength - he's been Ok around the ground.

He has been useless around the ground

Ryder still averaging the same amount of possessions around the ground - It’s the quality of his ruck work that has been disappointing.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say.

Having actually watched his first two games of the season the word “disappointing” is a massive understatement.

Has not only been poor in the ruck but in the forwardline and across the ground as well. Has made stupid decisions and turned the ball over at will.

Was gifted a goal or two by the umpires last week and beside that looked like getting no where near it.

So much for “he plays best as the soul ruck” people harp on about. There is a reason Port are trying to rush Lobbe back and it isn’t because Ryder needs a chop out.

I know it is only two games and he is still probably adjusting to life in Adelaide and a new game plan/teammates but to be honest I never really thought Paddy was a good fit for Port and so far I think I have been proven right. Port needed another dominant forward to support Schultz, not a ruckman who plays part time forward. Even as good as he may be.

I think leaving Essendon is something Paddy will look back on at the end of his career and regret deeply to be perfectly honest.

I don’t see Port getting to a GF with players like White, Broadbent, Carlile, Pittard, Cornes, Mitchell and Jonas getting games for them. I think they were one season wonders personally. I know most would probably disagree but here’s hoping.

Quoted Post
Ryder has struggled in the ruck contests,especially centre bounces which are his strength - he's been Ok around the ground.

Ryder still averaging the same amount of possessions around the ground - It’s the quality of his ruck work that has been disappointing.

Quoted Post

It’s rather satisfying to hear Port really really want their ruck man to come back.

Ryder has struggled in the ruck contests,especially centre bounces which are his strength - he’s been Ok around the ground.

we wont really get a full gauge on how he plays/ fits in at port until Lobbe is back.
After 2 rounds he has been uninspiring in the ruck.
I would rate Belly ahead of him so far year to date.

I think it’ll take Port almost as long as it took Essendon to realise he’s not a forward/ruck, and never will be.

Quoted Post

PoorDaddyLaid are not quite there IMO, and I don't know if Ryder was exactly what they needed. We know from watching him up close for 9 seasons, he plays his best footy when given the #1 ruck role. With Lobbe back I don't know whether that will be the case. Lobbe is a traditional ruck who really isn't a viable forward option, so I'd say Ryder may be spending 70% forward, 30% ruck when Lobbe is in the team. Paddy played probably his worst footy when forward for long periods, he can become a bit passive. To be honesy maybe Mith Clark might've been a better go, someone who is more forward than ruck, provides tall forward support to Schulz and also ruck relief to Lobbe.

The vindictive side of me hopes Paddy flops at Port. As a team though, they are young, so there will be natural growth through player development. I still think they lack a couple of key ingredients to match it with Hawthorn or Sydney, which sounds dumb given they only lost by a kick in the prelims last year. 3rd-5th is my range.

Donno about the first game, but it was interesting in the Sydney game that they had Reddan as the main ruckman. Some of that may have been tactical, but still their 3rd ranked ruckman is starting ahead of him, in as you say a position he plays his better footy.

He looks to have trimmed down too, which at first i was like you ■■■■■■■, then i watched him get pushed around in the limited ruck contests he was involved in when i was watching, and i was like ha ha.

But as you say we know what he’s like as we had many seasons up close watching, and the usual suspects making the usual excuses for him, now watch the turnaround and enjoyment if he continues those traits at port, like he has so far.

Would need to have a miracle to make finals based on their current form.

Would need to have a miracle to make finals based on their current form.

This is the one consolation so far this season.

Best thing about this is we don’t have to listen to Kochy much this year… More painful than having wisdom teeth removed

That phone call from Gill telling them to keep the beta-4 under wraps for now is starting to hurt.

I love what is happening to this mob.

And Kochie.

I passed on the stat from this thread about Port winning 8 of the last 20 games to a Port fan at work. He asked me to double check and include finals. 9 of the last 22 was the result. I think he went outside to cry in private.

did he use a tarp to wipe away the tears?

Bunch of soft *ocks

He still thinks they will make the finals.

“Never tear up our tarps”
From 2014:

https://youtu.be/MU3Q3F9RuZA

Suck ■■■■ Paddy. Not only does your team suck, you have to live in Adelaide.

Are there no girls in Adelaide or something? He’ll be fine.

blitzrumour tm.

Choke on it Dwaaaaayne Russell