Season 2015 - Port Adelaide

I enjoyed sitting next to the tarps,a lot more intelligent than the port supporters.

I wonder if Paddy will get his own tarp at their next home game?

Suck ■■■■ Paddy. Not only does your team suck, you have to live in Adelaide.

At least now he’s closer to his family.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

As a bonus this means Carlton are now a top 4 team, and should just find pay a couple top-ups to replace Judd; their window is open.

Suck ■■■■ Paddy. Not only does your team suck, you have to live in Adelaide.

The tarps are knocking on the door.

They want their seats back!

Love seeing these fark heads loose, even if it is fark Carlton who beats them

Bunch of whinging ■■■■■■ whose game plan is to try and milk free kicks.

Jack Hill the Blind Miner just won the internet.

Thread delivers.

Im really interested to see where Nathan Krakoer fits into things. will he get games off half back? or not get elevated.
he was part of the 2006 draft port picks Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Justin Westoff, Paul Stuart, Nathan Krakoer, David Rodan
Boak Gray and Westoff are all good experienced port players they have done well from that draft.

My pick Port finish top 4…good young list. provided no major injuries.
Can cover lobbe injury now with Ryder. But question marks over key defensive posts - as had form slump last year with trengrove out. Handy ryder can also play key back.
my question mark is whether playing 2 rucks will hamper both performance as not playing predominatly ruck.

As long as we stuff them up this year I really don’t care.

We need to put a few of them on the LTI list

They’ve added Judas to their fwd line which they were lacking with Westhoff playing as a utility type player (CHB, Wing, CHF).

They have a very strong midfield: probably the best.

Hombsch and Jonas have been very handy additions to their back line. Very under-rated. Carlile and Trengove are top KPD too.

Overall, they have a very good list. However, I still think their depth isn’t good enough. A lot of untried kids who aren’t guaranteed to adapt to AFL in Mitch Harvey, Tom Clurey, Mason Shaw and of course John Butcher.

If no major injuries occur, I’m tipping they’ll finish high. Prediction: 2nd

They show all the signs of a side building towards a flag this year. Fark I hope they don’t, but they are my pre season pick.

What they have been able to do at that football club is nothing short of remarkable. Hinkley, Burgess (the fitness guy) and even Koshie deserve a lot of credit.

Their best football is probably two or three years away, but they could easily go all the way this year.

Only side that’s looked like beating Hawthorn at the pointy end in 2-3 years.

They’re not that light for talls, they’re better off than most realise as they play 1 fewer than most, normally just Lobbe/Schulz with Westhoff floating around, and 3 back. Ole mate cuntlips gives them an 1 more than they’ve been selecting. They still have Stewart, O’Shea, Redden & Butcher in reserve, and 4 or 5 tall kids who we’ve not seen yet. So they’re a hell of a lot better off than, for example, us. Even with a shocking injury run, can’t see them having to blood more than 1 kid.

They are a super young list, for a team at the pointy end, but freeg me they are fit.

I think they’ll go at least one better this year, if not win it all.

If Krakouer’s right he’ll definitely help. Another frigging lightning rebounder, he can play. You can see the family resemblance in the shocking life decisions, certainly screwed himself by leaving Port & taking the money.

wow, swear filter on fire there.

seriously though, injuries are probably their biggest threat this year.

To be honest I think Port have some ordinary to very ordinary players in their 22 and I think the likes of us and North will catch up to them this year.

Carlile, Cornes, White, Trengrove, Pittard and Broadbent scream: “We are Richmond just super fit.”

I don’t think their midfield comes close to Hawthorn or Sydney. Hell we would give them a good shake.

Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Zaharakis, Cooney, Myers, Stanton, Zach Merrett.

Against

Boak, Gray, Wines, Ebert, Hartlett, Polec, Cornes, Wingard (Wingard played limited minutes in the middle last year and was played mostly forward from what I saw).

There is a reason why we went over there last year in the second half of the season and beat them, because we are as good as them.

I predict they will stagnate or go backwards this season, 5th-7th.

Quoted Post

To be honest I think Port have some ordinary to very ordinary players in their 22 and I think the likes of us and North will catch up to them this year.

Carlile, Cornes, White, Trengrove, Pittard and Broadbent scream: “We are Richmond just super fit.”

I don’t think their midfield comes close to Hawthorn or Sydney. Hell we would give them a good shake.

Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Zaharakis, Cooney, Myers, Stanton, Zach Merrett.

Against

Boak, Gray, Wines, Ebert, Hartlett, Polec, Cornes, Wingard (Wingard played limited minutes in the middle last year and was played mostly forward from what I saw).

There is a reason why we went over there last year in the second half of the season and beat them, because we are as good as them.

I predict they will stagnate or go backwards this season, 5th-7th.

Interesting way of looking at it, I don’t think it’s entirely clear one way or the other on the midfield - and that’s our biggest strength. Not sure Merrett spends more time in there than Heath, either.
Where they excel is off the flanks, the overlapping run and the easy ball use that creates is far more than just a party trick, it’s what they’re built around, and it wins them a hell of a lot of games.

Pittard Hartlett Polec Pittard Impey Broadbent White vs Hibberd, Dempsey, Gleeson… pretty stark. Takes a hell of a lot of defending to go with them.

22 something like:
B: Hombsch Carlisle Jonas
HB: Polec Trengove Pittard
C: Hartlett Gray Ebert
HF: Wingard Ryder Monfries
F: Westhoff Schulz White

R: Lobbe Wines Boak
I: Broadbent Impey Neade Cornes

Ain’t too bad at all IMHO. 3 or 4 defenders/defensive types who are more blue collar than star quality, but they do their respective jobs, and as a side they’re good enough to always present good options.
Limited ish in terms of experienced depth but a heap of guys who are young enough to come good and a coaching panel who is giving a fair impression of knowing what they’re doing in improving & coaching kids.

you realise they led Richmond by 81 points at 3/4 time in the elimination final last year don’t you.

I think you are severely underrating this side BK. Those you highlight as being Richmond by fit, even if you accept them as the bottom end of their first 22 , are a hell of a lot better than other bottom 6s.

watch them take full advantage of ryder’s centre square brilliance this year. He also allows them to be more flexible with westhoff and gives them a bit of depth defensively if they get desperate too.

the only thing that stops these guys playing in another prelim is injuries and if it is a home prelim it will take a damn good team to beat them.

they are a mile a head of norf and would have destroyed them almost as comprehensively as Sydney did.