Season 2015 - Port Adelaide

Anyone know how Ryder went in the first game.

Quoted Post

Same as he always does, looks good at times but disappears for long periods.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Same as he always does, looks good at times but disappears for long periods.

Did they lose?
Hope he goes back to having the minor impact he did for 6 of his 7 years at EFC.

PoorDaddyLaid are not quite there IMO, and I donā€™t know if Ryder was exactly what they needed. We know from watching him up close for 9 seasons, he plays his best footy when given the #1 ruck role. With Lobbe back I donā€™t know whether that will be the case. Lobbe is a traditional ruck who really isnā€™t a viable forward option, so Iā€™d say Ryder may be spending 70% forward, 30% ruck when Lobbe is in the team. Paddy played probably his worst footy when forward for long periods, he can become a bit passive. To be honesy maybe Mith Clark mightā€™ve been a better go, someone who is more forward than ruck, provides tall forward support to Schulz and also ruck relief to Lobbe.

The vindictive side of me hopes Paddy flops at Port. As a team though, they are young, so there will be natural growth through player development. I still think they lack a couple of key ingredients to match it with Hawthorn or Sydney, which sounds dumb given they only lost by a kick in the prelims last year. 3rd-5th is my range.

Not watching the Port v Sydney game, could not stomach Paddy in his pretty teal outfit, hope he has a "painless " exit during the gameā€¦like taken off and trips up badly. Mmmf.

Not even the best team in Adelaide?

Quoted Post

Not watching the Port v Sydney game, could not stomach Paddy in his pretty teal outfit, hope he has a "painless " exit during the game......like taken off and trips up badly. Mmmf.

Kicked 2 goals, one of which was from a soft free, but apart from that was actually pretty ordinary. Was good to see.

Mostly kinda hung around the action, spectating.

Hahahaha not only is Ryder studding it up but he now has to live in Adelaide.

Appears sides have worked out how to slow their run and gun game
Be interesting to see how the weaker sides fare against them
Port could be like the school bully who goes into high school and runs into the nerdā€™s older beefcake brother

Two things I noticed watching this game.

The racist Port fans booed Franklin every time he went near the ball.
Paddy doesnā€™t look very happy.

Goddard > Monfries > Judas ?

Quoted Post

The racist Port fans booed Franklin every time he went near the ball.

LOL

Nice oneā€¦

Hahahaha not only is Ryder studding it up but he now has to live in Adelaide.

Wasnā€™t that the problem in the first place? (Allegedly)

paddy back to pre 2014.?

Not sure about Port this year. I have a sneaking suspicion they wonā€™t do as well as last year.

What was their injury run like last year?

Quoted Post
Ryder has struggled in the ruck contests,especially centre bounces which are his strength - he's been Ok around the ground.

He has been useless around the ground

Ryder still averaging the same amount of possessions around the ground - Itā€™s the quality of his ruck work that has been disappointing.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say.

Having actually watched his first two games of the season the word ā€œdisappointingā€ is a massive understatement.

Has not only been poor in the ruck but in the forwardline and across the ground as well. Has made stupid decisions and turned the ball over at will.

Was gifted a goal or two by the umpires last week and beside that looked like getting no where near it.

So much for ā€œhe plays best as the soul ruckā€ people harp on about. There is a reason Port are trying to rush Lobbe back and it isnā€™t because Ryder needs a chop out.

I know it is only two games and he is still probably adjusting to life in Adelaide and a new game plan/teammates but to be honest I never really thought Paddy was a good fit for Port and so far I think I have been proven right. Port needed another dominant forward to support Schultz, not a ruckman who plays part time forward. Even as good as he may be.

I think leaving Essendon is something Paddy will look back on at the end of his career and regret deeply to be perfectly honest.

I donā€™t see Port getting to a GF with players like White, Broadbent, Carlile, Pittard, Cornes, Mitchell and Jonas getting games for them. I think they were one season wonders personally. I know most would probably disagree but hereā€™s hoping.

Thatā€™s a pretty big call for two games in, both on Port and Paddy.

Not sure about Port this year. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't do as well as last year.

Agree, been saying that all summer. They fall behind in a lot of games but come home like a steam train. If you ended their games at 3 quarter time, they would be about mid table.

The problem with that is as weā€™ve seen so many times before, the sides that have a fitness edge on opposition usually only have the edge for a year or 2 before the other sides catch up. I think other teams will have caught up to their edge in running / fitness, so they will have to win games now by being more polished than opponents and not relying on their superior fitness. If they had the edge in polish or class in previous years they would have been in front at 3 quarter time a lot more and they still havenā€™t claimed a top 4 Home & Away spot as yet with this group. Will come back to the pack this year or at the latest next year.

Quoted Post
Ryder has struggled in the ruck contests,especially centre bounces which are his strength - he's been Ok around the ground.

He has been useless around the ground

Ryder still averaging the same amount of possessions around the ground - Itā€™s the quality of his ruck work that has been disappointing.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say.

Having actually watched his first two games of the season the word ā€œdisappointingā€ is a massive understatement.

Has not only been poor in the ruck but in the forwardline and across the ground as well. Has made stupid decisions and turned the ball over at will.

Was gifted a goal or two by the umpires last week and beside that looked like getting no where near it.

So much for ā€œhe plays best as the soul ruckā€ people harp on about. There is a reason Port are trying to rush Lobbe back and it isnā€™t because Ryder needs a chop out.

I know it is only two games and he is still probably adjusting to life in Adelaide and a new game plan/teammates but to be honest I never really thought Paddy was a good fit for Port and so far I think I have been proven right. Port needed another dominant forward to support Schultz, not a ruckman who plays part time forward. Even as good as he may be.

I think leaving Essendon is something Paddy will look back on at the end of his career and regret deeply to be perfectly honest.

I donā€™t see Port getting to a GF with players like White, Broadbent, Carlile, Pittard, Cornes, Mitchell and Jonas getting games for them. I think they were one season wonders personally. I know most would probably disagree but hereā€™s hoping.

Thatā€™s a pretty big call for two games in, both on Port and Paddy.

Absolutely but Iā€™ll stand by it and wear it if I am wrong.

And if they both turn it around and prove me wrong then all the more power (pardon the pun) to them and kudos.

Not sure about Port this year. I have a sneaking suspicion they won't do as well as last year.

Reasonably good but not amazing.
Had a pretty average spell in roughly the 3rd quarter of the year, which is when they lost a few games.