Season 2015 - St Kilda

Since no one cares about this club I actually had to go to page 4 to retrieve this thread…

Anyway, freeman injured again for the saints…

They thought they were such a big fish during trade period but they really are a basket case…

Francis > Carlisle

Since no one cares about this club I actually had to go to page 4 to retrieve this thread...
Very disappointing. When I saw all the "new posts" I got excited at the opportunity to wallow in some more LOL Kilda.

P.S. After getting a huge handout to move from Moorabbin to Seaford they have now got a much bigger handout to move from Seaford to Moorabbin. The previous sports minister played for us, the Premier barracks for us, we get fark all.

They moved to Seaford in 2010… FFS

can anyone recall how much they got for that move?

I know we received funding for the TVSC, but should governments really be handing out to cash to sporting organisations? I don’t like it.

I know we received funding for the TVSC, but should governments really be handing out to cash to sporting organisations? I don’t like it.

Did we? Maybe for the Paralympics part?

I know Collingwood got a heap for improvements to the Lexus Centre…which I’m not sure has any relevant outside Collingwood FC…and which they just stuck in the bank.

Sporting clubs should only get government funding if there is substantial and quantifiable community benefit.

I’d be moving out too after that guy went mental last week.

Did we? Maybe for the Paralympics part?

I know Collingwood got a heap for improvements to the Lexus Centre…which I’m not sure has any relevant outside Collingwood FC…and which they just stuck in the bank.

Sporting clubs should only get government funding if there is substantial and quantifiable community benefit.

That or they’ll use it to cover the losses they’re going to make on the public gym they’re opening at the Lexus Centre

I think it was $10M, between State & Fed governments.

They signed a long term lease too, until 2035 or something… Hope they have to pay out the rest.

Geelong getting ~$100m to add a couple thousand seats at Kardinia for maybe 8 games a year is comically lame.

Wasn’t the government funding part of creating / keeping jobs shortly after the GFC?
For memory schools got similar funding otherwise the building industry would have been completely screwed.

Geelong getting ~$100m to add a couple thousand seats at Kardinia for maybe 8 games a year is comically lame.
Nowhere near as bad IMHO, at least Geelong is (kinda) a separate city, and they hold the local footy finals there and other events, so there's some community benefit. And they're not likely to move half an hour down the road in a few years.

Building something in the outer south-east suburbs of Melbourne literally only helps that club. There’s not even a proper ground with grandstands there, it’s just a training facility next to a toll road.

Wasn't the government funding part of creating / keeping jobs shortly after the GFC? For memory schools got similar funding otherwise the building industry would have been completely screwed.
I'm pretty sure it was state govt money.
Wasn't the government funding part of creating / keeping jobs shortly after the GFC? For memory schools got similar funding otherwise the building industry would have been completely screwed.
I'm pretty sure it was state govt money.

Na it was federal - part of the regional development fund post GFC to prop up construction activity and supposedly to help foster job growth.

A company I worked for got $5m for a building in darwin (darwin was defined as regional) to train apprentices and they have trained one yet, makes the Geelong investment look good.

Also, we tried to do same thing in Geelong but were told by the local regional development assessment committee in Geelong that we had no chance as they wanted more seats and lights at kardinia

Both are correct.
It was Federal that was given to the State Government to oversee the use of the funds.
The school one was a million per project as long as it met some simple requirements.
The sporting buildings were part of another fund and wasn’t a set number or percentage per project.

I recall a very wealthy school getting the bonus by adding a few rooms to a project they were already intending to build. Meant they could spend more on what they originally wanted (I.e better surrounding landscape, etc).

Great off season from the saints, targeted a guy with chronic hamstring injuries by telling him their povo club has better medical facilities than Colloingwood, who has experience dealing with bucks late career cotton hamstrings. Nathan Freeman - not sure if that was smart or dumb. Might have been good management ensuring the kids get an extra couple of years pay before he gets delisted from injury.

Then they go and drop pick 5 on a hard partying KPD who likes to sook on the field and has a history of back and knee issues.

Talk about gambling the clubs future, especially after they had a very average year on the back of a few recycled player playing above themselves.

Bit of pain to come fore the saints I think.

Freeman > Rusling

Hows it looking right now Ameet…

Pick.

Five.