Season 2015 - Sydney

Anyone knows what happens to Stdney $$$ wise if Buddy retires?
The AFL may or may not make up a new rule on the fly (as they did this week, to almost no comment). Depends what their relationship is with the Swans at the time (go nuts, Colless!)
Anyone knows what happens to Stdney $$$ wise if Buddy retires?
If a player is terminally injured, retires and still has a contract to run, then that contract needs to be paid out and the money allowance gets banked into individual years of salary cap.

Mentally ill may cause a new rule though.

I’d think if he retires, the AFL would say that COLA stays in effect until Franklin’s contract can be completely paid out over the next 3 or 4 years within Sydney’s salary cap. Once finished, COLA will end.
I can’t see the AFL allowing a team to pay out 8 years of a contract without it counting in the salary cap at all.

Even if it weren’t in the salary cap, Sydney couldn’t afford to throw away $1mil per year for 8 years without getting any return whatsoever from it.

Buyer beware tho.

the AFL will just give him a cushy job after he retires.

How do you think Campbell Nrown got a career extension at GC, then whacked a heap of blokes from behind, then got locked up by Thai police…and he’s now a Ch 7 something or other.

By something or other I assume you mean total fkwit

Oh dear…

The League has fined the Sydney Swans for failing to provide up-to-date player addresses for ASADA’s testers. http://afl.to/1iqI7aZ

Oh dear...

The League has fined the Sydney Swans for failing to provide up-to-date player addresses for ASADA’s testers. http://afl.to/1iqI7aZ

Did a particular player move address?

Change of address: REVS Upstairs

So Goodes is thinking of getting into politcs? If he thought the booing was bad on the field, I hate to imagine what it will be like for him as a polly.

Smart man, Nathan Buckley. But the AFL should have been mentioned too.

Nathan Buckley placed the blame for the continual booing of Adam Goodes squarely on one group of people
September 22, 2015 7:38am
JAMES MATTHEYnews.com.au

ADAM Goodes played 372 games, scored 464 goals, was a two-time premiership winner, Australian of the Year and claimed two Brownlow Medals. However, all that runs the risk of being overshadowed by the booing scandal that engulfed him this year.

Some accused those booing of being racists, and others said anyone who paid money to watch an AFL game deserved to boo whoever they wanted.

Regardless of which view you take, the reality is the booing carried right through to Goodes’ final AFL game against North Melbourne on Saturday night.

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley took aim at one section of society, holding them accountable for the continued booing aimed at Goodes during 2015 - the media.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 on Monday night, Buckley was asked if he felt moved when hearing the boos.

He responded by accusing the media of encouraging the booing by giving it column inches and airtime.

“I’m not listening for it (the booing) mate, I’m just watching the bloke play,” said Buckley.

“Why give it any air? We’ve given it too much air. It’s the first thing you read about in the paper or hear about on the radio because you guys (the media) are listening for it intently.”

Goodes was part of the sport’s elite when in top form.
Herald Sun AFL writer and AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson tried to defend his industry, saying someone needed to speak up about the injustice.

“I haven’t heard from anyone at North Melbourne or the AFL, I just think Goodesy’s been abandoned,” said Robinson.

But Buckley wasn’t budging.

“You’re listening for it intently because it’s a story that continues,” said Buckley.

“It happens but you don’t have to focus on it heavily.

“Let’s talk about something else, let’s talk about what a great player he is because he’s been a great player and a fantastic role model and I think we need to celebrate that.

“It (the booing) can’t be the story. His story is so much bigger and longer and deeper and wider than that is.”

SORRY, GOODESY. YOU DESERVED BETTER.

Buckley praised Goodes for being able to continue his great form right to the very end of his career.

“He’s got the obvious class … the only way Sydney were going to get back into the game (against the Kangaroos) was through him,” said Buckley.

“He’s been a phenomenal player for a long period of time.

“The goings-on in the last 12-24 months have been disappointing but it’s not going to taint what’s been a magnificent footy career.”

Goodes’ on-field achievements run the risk of being overshadowed by the booing controversy.
Robinson has spoken previously of his outrage at booing fans, but was especially downcast on Monday night.

“I’ve got no faith in humanity and when I was listening to the North Melbourne fans boo him on Saturday I was disgusted. I was so embarrassed for footy, I was so embarrassed and ashamed for Adam Goodes,” said Robinson.

“For him to go out of this game and say he’s not going to do a lap of honour at the MCG…it was a disgrace.

“I hope that the Swans ask him and the AFL ask him (to attend the Brownlow Medal night) and he says, ‘Yes I’ll come down’, because it will make the Brownlow Medal night.”

Goodes, who relaxed at his team’s Mad Monday celebrations yesterday, announced his retirement to teammates in the Swans’ dressing room after the Kangaroos ended their season on Saturday.

The booing furore, which intensified after Goodes performed an Aboriginal war dance during the Swans’ Indigenous Round clash with Carlton, prompted him to take time off from the sport in July as he missed his side’s match against Adelaide at the SCG.

Goodes is reportedly undecided on whether he will take part in the annual motorcade held for retiring players at half-time in the grand final.

Smart man, Nathan Buckley. But the AFL should have been mentioned too.

Nathan Buckley placed the blame for the continual booing of Adam Goodes squarely on one group of people
September 22, 2015 7:38am
JAMES MATTHEYnews.com.au

ADAM Goodes played 372 games, scored 464 goals, was a two-time premiership winner, Australian of the Year and claimed two Brownlow Medals. However, all that runs the risk of being overshadowed by the booing scandal that engulfed him this year.

Some accused those booing of being racists, and others said anyone who paid money to watch an AFL game deserved to boo whoever they wanted.

Regardless of which view you take, the reality is the booing carried right through to Goodes’ final AFL game against North Melbourne on Saturday night.

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley took aim at one section of society, holding them accountable for the continued booing aimed at Goodes during 2015 - the media.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 on Monday night, Buckley was asked if he felt moved when hearing the boos.

He responded by accusing the media of encouraging the booing by giving it column inches and airtime.

“I’m not listening for it (the booing) mate, I’m just watching the bloke play,” said Buckley.

“Why give it any air? We’ve given it too much air. It’s the first thing you read about in the paper or hear about on the radio because you guys (the media) are listening for it intently.”

Goodes was part of the sport’s elite when in top form.
Herald Sun AFL writer and AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson tried to defend his industry, saying someone needed to speak up about the injustice.

“I haven’t heard from anyone at North Melbourne or the AFL, I just think Goodesy’s been abandoned,” said Robinson.

But Buckley wasn’t budging.

“You’re listening for it intently because it’s a story that continues,” said Buckley.

“It happens but you don’t have to focus on it heavily.

“Let’s talk about something else, let’s talk about what a great player he is because he’s been a great player and a fantastic role model and I think we need to celebrate that.

“It (the booing) can’t be the story. His story is so much bigger and longer and deeper and wider than that is.”

SORRY, GOODESY. YOU DESERVED BETTER.

Buckley praised Goodes for being able to continue his great form right to the very end of his career.

“He’s got the obvious class … the only way Sydney were going to get back into the game (against the Kangaroos) was through him,” said Buckley.

“He’s been a phenomenal player for a long period of time.

“The goings-on in the last 12-24 months have been disappointing but it’s not going to taint what’s been a magnificent footy career.”

Goodes’ on-field achievements run the risk of being overshadowed by the booing controversy.
Robinson has spoken previously of his outrage at booing fans, but was especially downcast on Monday night.

“I’ve got no faith in humanity and when I was listening to the North Melbourne fans boo him on Saturday I was disgusted. I was so embarrassed for footy, I was so embarrassed and ashamed for Adam Goodes,” said Robinson.

“For him to go out of this game and say he’s not going to do a lap of honour at the MCG…it was a disgrace.

“I hope that the Swans ask him and the AFL ask him (to attend the Brownlow Medal night) and he says, ‘Yes I’ll come down’, because it will make the Brownlow Medal night.”

Goodes, who relaxed at his team’s Mad Monday celebrations yesterday, announced his retirement to teammates in the Swans’ dressing room after the Kangaroos ended their season on Saturday.

The booing furore, which intensified after Goodes performed an Aboriginal war dance during the Swans’ Indigenous Round clash with Carlton, prompted him to take time off from the sport in July as he missed his side’s match against Adelaide at the SCG.

Goodes is reportedly undecided on whether he will take part in the annual motorcade held for retiring players at half-time in the grand final.

Lol ^

And why is Robinson ashamed for Adam Goodes?

Lol ^

And why is Robinson ashamed for Adam Goodes?

Cos it gets him some columns.

All the “i’m ashamed and disgusted” bravado is garbage. He LOVES that Goodes gets booed and he LOVES talking about it.

Love how they try to undermine bucks point with robbos pantomime

Pretty disgusting the way he has been treated.

Mob mentality wins again.

I think robbo deserves everything he cops…

Huh?

Huh?

The treatment of Goodes, the behavior of the crowds and the media (media for whipping it up) is simply bullying.

oh. That.

Who cares. He’s a twat.

Isaac Heeney’s joke broken after assault in Hong kong.