Season 2016 - Collingwood

Love how it’s just a non issue for Eddie.

They went all in on the talent pool this year. Gave away allot of future picks for the players, bucks and co clearly think they have a core to rise now. I’m not so sure. Trek oar is a gun and will make a big difference.

Collingwood Best 22
B Langdon Brown Howe
Hb Varcoe Reid Oxley
C Sidebottom Treloar Crisp
Hf Fasolo Cloke Adams
F Blair Moore Elliott
R Grundy Pendelbury Swan
Int De Goey Aish Greenwood Williams

Emg Mcaffer, Goldsack, Toovey

If the above are emergencies thats good for the pies as it means more talented players have replaced very good foot soldiers.

Not sure whereto jeremy howe - forward/back.
They may need frost as third tall defender but howe can jump high.
Midfield looks pretty solid now
Pendelbury, swan, Treloar, sidebottom, Adams. crisp, aish, Degoey.

I guess they lack a bit of kpp talent have witts as ruck backup. But key forward/ defence is lacking like most clubs if their first choice goes down.

Jesse white is in the wings but i think he will play more vfl than afl as they develop moore.

Prediction 6-12. Buckey has the list now to challenge for a home final. If he misses finals again Some hard questions will be asked by eddie.

Why are we locking Darcy Moore in to contribute regularly? Had one great game, but he’s miles away from doing it every week IMHO. He’s 3 years behind JoeD.

Why are we locking Darcy Moore in to contribute regularly? Had one great game, but he's miles away from doing it every week IMHO. He's 3 years behind JoeD.
Also, he's one gentle push from a big hamstring.

Oh man, that was so funny when it happened at Windy Hill. One on three contest on the wing, and not only did we get the ball over the boundary for the throw-in, but we also got one of the three over the boundary for the rest of the game…

Why are we locking Darcy Moore in to contribute regularly? Had one great game, but he's miles away from doing it every week IMHO. He's 3 years behind JoeD.

So you think that Jesse White offers more than Moore? maybe White’s definitely got a more solid Body. But Moore has more talent. And like daniher (who played pretty much every game in his second season) the experience will be valuable, maybe they will rest Moore against the teams with two strong Key Defenders that could embarrass him. Or play all 3 key forwards - white, Moore cloke

If Jesse White wasn’t on an AFL list, I’d rather go one short than pick him as a top up.

I think that’s the best way I can describe just how fucken terrible he is.

If Jesse White wasn't on an AFL list, I'd rather go one short than pick him as a top up.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane’s 8 year sister

If Jesse White wasn't on an AFL list, I'd rather go one short than pick him as a top up.

Put him in the same column as Judd. If he ever played for us, I’m out.

Put him in the same column as Judd. If he ever played for us, I’m out.

Judd is good at football though.

Midfield’s really good, forward line is ok, defense is shizen.

Wrong thread.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Please don't encourage Diggers.

^ Couldn’t have said it better myself. Try living in our hellish shoes for 3+ years you weak as p*ss bunch of losers.

Good stuff from Jake Niall:

“Regardless of whether a bad headline on Thursday night/Friday morning hurt the Collingwood performance, it cannot be a crutch for the pathetic nature of what was served up”

And:

"If the drugs discussion did up-end them, well that’s an indictment on the collective mettle of the 22. The Pies should be made of sterner stuff.

Further, if a maximum of 11 players had positive hair tests, that’s slightly under 25 per cent of the playing list. If we guess that a similar percentage played on Saturday night, that’d be five or six players from the 22 who bore this supposed mental burden.

Then consider what other teams have endured. Essendon, having lived in a three-year siege as a result of the ASADA/WADA cases, still made the finals in 2013 and 2014, under two different coaches. The Dons were actually galvanised, to some extent, by the scandal and it was only in 2015 — after WADA appealed the initial not guilty verdict — that their resolve was broken."

And:

“They’re also singled out because, well, they’re Collingwood. Just as there are benefits, there’s a price for being the biggest cow in the paddock.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/drugs-issue-no-excuse-for-nathan-buckleys-collingwood-in-80point-loss-to-sydney--jakes-take/news-story/b2340e6253923de3b061086d432c9b00

Good stuff from Jake Niall:

“Regardless of whether a bad headline on Thursday night/Friday morning hurt the Collingwood performance, it cannot be a crutch for the pathetic nature of what was served up”

And:

"If the drugs discussion did up-end them, well that’s an indictment on the collective mettle of the 22. The Pies should be made of sterner stuff.

Further, if a maximum of 11 players had positive hair tests, that’s slightly under 25 per cent of the playing list. If we guess that a similar percentage played on Saturday night, that’d be five or six players from the 22 who bore this supposed mental burden.

Then consider what other teams have endured. Essendon, having lived in a three-year siege as a result of the ASADA/WADA cases, still made the finals in 2013 and 2014, under two different coaches. The Dons were actually galvanised, to some extent, by the scandal and it was only in 2015 — after WADA appealed the initial not guilty verdict — that their resolve was broken."

And:

“They’re also singled out because, well, they’re Collingwood. Just as there are benefits, there’s a price for being the biggest cow in the paddock.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/drugs-issue-no-excuse-for-nathan-buckleys-collingwood-in-80point-loss-to-sydney--jakes-take/news-story/b2340e6253923de3b061086d432c9b00

Buckley is talking sh-t, all about why it was leaked instead of why his players are coke heads.

Fk off.

Exactly! Stop deflecting Bucks & talk about the real issue here &what u are doing or will do about it. Robbo had to stand up for himself & highlight that whether he broke the story or not the fact is there is a serious problem with illicit drugs… Every time a bloke in footy mentions it, whether it’s Dale Lewis or Gary Pert they get howled down.
Why do we the footy public think it is our right to know and pass judgement on what these guys get up to on their holidays? I'd prefer our players weren't taking illicit drugs but it's really none of my business.

This is nothing more than click bait. The HS admits there are clubs with more failed tests but they put the pies on the back page because it sells papers. Then Robbo rights an opinion piece making out like the pies are victims of the AFL drug policy as if he and his paper had no part to play.

Because they sign contracts that state they agree not to take drugs and they agree to be tested all year round whether in competition or not. What they do in their down time is regulated by their employer.

No they don’t. They optionally agree to it, not in their contracts at all

March champions no longer, February rules OK.