Season 2016 - Geelong

Hawkins?

What about him?

I could’ve sworn there was a post about what forwards Geelong have left.

I don't get what geelong are trying to do.

In the last few years they have
traded chappy cos they had all these young guys coming through who needed game time.
next year they allow christianson to go to brissy, sure they still have some forward talent left.
then they get rid of stevie J
now they are offering up motlop for a hbf in deliedio.

So essentially they’ve traded out pretty much all of their small genuine forwards, and just tried to grab as many supposedly decent players, to just stick on the park.

They have Menzel and cockatoo as their only genuine forwards, maybe griegson too, and they’ve had to sell the farm and their “soul” the last 2 years to get all these players in.
I said this year would be a failure if they dont’ win the flag, and it should be seen as such, but next year if they don’t win it either, it should be considered a failure also.

They are engaged in a race to the edge of the cliff. Freo won the race, North came second and now it is between them and the Hawks in a dual for third place

Yeah agree. Freo have fallen, Norths has begun will be even more spectacular this year.

Cats going all out to get Danger and Selwood a shot at a flag. Then when the cliff arrives they will bottom out load up into the draft and rebuild. Selwood and Danger teaching the next gen for a year or two before retirement.

Hawks are doing a similat thing but have chased a generation behind Danger in the hope of it being more sustainable.

Either way all are in a serious talent decline. Although I do like Freos trade period. Got some good mid range talent and kept a high draft pick.

Jen Hawkins?

Yes, please.

Death, Taxes, and a picture of Jen ‘fkn Hawkins in the Herald Sun every fkn’ day.

Where the hell do these guys find improvement from this year? Bartel, caddy, enright, clarke going. Blicavs/Stanley threat regulated out of the game. Mengola showed signs of stepping up last year but beyond that I don’t see much coming through in the midfield that got mauled by Sydney in the prelim. Tuoghy is not the versatile defender enright was.

A lot rides on the form, consistency and fitness of motlop for mine.

God id love to spank them in the country game this year.

Where the hell do these guys find improvement from this year? Bartel, caddy, enright, clarke going. Blicavs/Stanley threat regulated out of the game. Mengola showed signs of stepping up last year but beyond that I don't see much coming through in the midfield that got mauled by Sydney in the prelim. Tuoghy is not the versatile defender enright was.

On that note I think we owe a lot of teams a lot of milestone hidings. Would almost take 19 losses if it meant we dicked Geelong in the country game, Pies on ANZAC day and Richmond in the Dreamtime game.

Oh and beat the Saints and have Francis kick 5 on Carlisle.
And Carlton twice because I don’t know if other Blitzers share the same opinion but I really don’t like that club very much.

Where the hell do these guys find improvement from this year? Bartel, caddy, enright, clarke going. Blicavs/Stanley threat regulated out of the game. Mengola showed signs of stepping up last year but beyond that I don't see much coming through in the midfield that got mauled by Sydney in the prelim. Tuoghy is not the versatile defender enright was.

On that note I think we owe a lot of teams a lot of milestone hidings. Would almost take 19 losses if it meant we dicked Geelong in the country game, Pies on ANZAC day and Richmond in the Dreamtime game.

Oh and beat the Saints and have Francis kick 5 on Carlisle.
And Carlton twice because I don’t know if other Blitzers share the same opinion but I really don’t like that club very much.

Fark Carlton

Looks like the Scott brothers have been colluding, on drafting / list strategies. Both following a similar template moving on quality players who still have plenty to offer, in Harvey et al at the Roos, and Bartel at Catland. Getting Dangerfield in was a great move, but their rucks don’t look strong, and Hawkins output is in decline, 6th - 8th.

7-12

There stars will win them a few games. But they have very little depth. With a few injuries i could easily see the wheels come completely off mid by mid year.

Would love to give them a hiding in the country game

Don’t think they are anywhere near as good as some reckon. 6th-8th.

Had a soft draw last year too.

Am so over being beaten by this figjam mob, would love nothing more than to smack them in the Country game in front of 75% EFC crowd and seeing their captain and ■■■■ coach cry

Don't think they are anywhere near as good as some reckon. 6th-8th.

I agree, but I’m not even convinced they’re good enough for 6th-8th. They’d need a good injury run to make the 8 I reckon

Yeah just make it to 8th I reckon.

Yeah just make it to 8th I reckon.

Agree - just scrape in.

I think they’ll make the Prelim and be thoroughly embarrassed.