Season 2016 - GWS

On a list of least desirable experiences in life, getting tackled by S Mumford would be right up there.

Where would you rate a tackle from Peter Filandia?

On a list of least desirable experiences in life, getting tackled by S Mumford would be right up there.

I don’t rate Peter Filandia’s tackle.

I wonder how he rated Chad Davis’ tackle?

Go easy on P Filandia. It was life or death. He what was necessary to survive.

Go easy on P Filandia. It was life or death. He what was necessary to survive.

Bringing back some sort of memory Digs?

I’ve never been in a scissor lock quite like the one P Filandia found himself in that fateful day and as such, I’m not prepared to condemn his actions because mine might well be the same.

Not sure nibbling on another man’s plums was far enough down the list of solutions he attempted.

Until you’ve been in a scissor lock so complete that not even light can escape, you shouldn’t judge those who have. He did what was necessary to survive. He’s not proud, but he is alive.

Until you've been in a scissor lock so complete that not even light can escape, you shouldn't judge those who have. He did what was necessary to survive. He's not proud, but he is alive.

I’m sure Chad Davis’ intentions were to kill him

Could’ve gone with the Hopoate, I imagine that would’ve yielded a similar result.

Not sure he had access to the coit from the position he was in.

Well, this thread has taken an unexpected turn.

Starting to wonder if Diggers doth protest a little too much

Club under 16s are getting into dietitians, recovery sessions, gym and so on. Let alone representative. Let alone U18s. They're not getting coached twice a week by Gary's dad at that level, TAC coaches are by and large ex-AFL players or coaches and from what I understand there's a lot of the same requirements of AFL guys, albeit on a smaller scale.

Resources at some of the big junior clubs are unreal, and TAC is pretty much fully funded by the AFL. I dare say going from Calder or Eastern Ranges to VFL would be a step backwards in almost every sense.

except for the part where they can train with AFL listed players.

anyway

IMO generally players should be eligible for the afl draft when they are 18.
But if they want to get drafted prior to turning 18 then they can nominate for the draft but will need parents consent. Plus they would need to be good enough to get drafted. Parents have choice to say focus on your studies VCE etc.
Kids who just want to play footy can get straight into system. Kobe Bryant avoided US college system and went straight to NBA.

Club under 16s are getting into dietitians, recovery sessions, gym and so on. Let alone representative. Let alone U18s. They're not getting coached twice a week by Gary's dad at that level, TAC coaches are by and large ex-AFL players or coaches and from what I understand there's a lot of the same requirements of AFL guys, albeit on a smaller scale.

Resources at some of the big junior clubs are unreal, and TAC is pretty much fully funded by the AFL. I dare say going from Calder or Eastern Ranges to VFL would be a step backwards in almost every sense.

except for the part where they can train with AFL listed players.

anyway

IMO generally players should be eligible for the afl draft when they are 18.
But if they want to get drafted prior to turning 18 then they can nominate for the draft but will need parents consent. Plus they would need to be good enough to get drafted. Parents have choice to say focus on your studies VCE etc.
Kids who just want to play footy can get straight into system. Kobe Bryant avoided US college system and went straight to NBA.

LeBron was the last to go straight from high school iirc since then the rules have changed

Scrumptious?

Could've gone with the Hopoate, I imagine that would've yielded a similar result.
I'm just thinking, he was probably lucky no one shat themselves. Might've stopped him in his tracks.

Scrumptious?

Scrotumptious even

Could've gone with the Hopoate, I imagine that would've yielded a similar result.
I'm just thinking, he was probably lucky no one shat themselves. Might've stopped him in his tracks.
You just had to lower the tone of the conversation, didn't you?

They showed footage of mccartney is it, training with east or west fremantle.

I donno, but there just seems something off about that.

I get the trade me or i won’t play call he made, and following through on it ( whether his family issues are big enough to stop him playing who knows, but so be it).
But if you’re not gonna even stay in the same state as the club you’re employed by, make seemingly no effort for GWS, you shouldn’t get to train with a WAFL team, esp one that’s linked to fremantle (they send some of their reserves players there or something).

Got not issue with anything he’s done up til that, Got no issue with how gws handled the situation. Just think it’s a bad look to have him training in WA with a WAFL side, and should not be allowed to do it IMO.