Season 2016 - Hawthorn

Nah. Not him. This guy retired last year. Can't remember his name though.

Yeah I know. I just think his career choice was amusing.

Any truth to the Facebook link showing that hawthorn was the highest detected drug taker at 21 followed by brissy and pies?

Robbo mentioned Collingwood’s name because Pert has been jumping up and down about this for 2 or 3 years - So there is a touch of irony - There is also the issue that Robbo was about to go hard about Collingwood players self reporting at the beginning of 2013 which was stymied by the supplements saga.

Have no doubt that Hawthorn leads the table - There is a reason why no media will touch this story - It would reflect badly on the AFL - Though recent history shows the best teams tend to go hard off the field.

Vegas at Waverley. Shut down for operating without a licence. 25% of club revenue in jeopardy.

Vegas at Waverley. Shut down for operating without a licence. 25% of club revenue in jeopardy.

An “administrative error” allegedly. That manager is losing their job fairly quickly I imagine. Failing to renew your license is a bad mistake.

An “administrative error” allegedly. That manager is losing their job fairly quickly I imagine. Failing to renew your license is a bad mistake.

You’d imagine licence renewal would be reasonably high on the manager’s ‘to do’ list. I

You’d imagine licence renewal would be reasonably high on the manager’s ‘to do’ list.

You’d imagine licence renewal would be reasonably high on the manager’s ‘to do’ list. I

“governance”, “due dilligence”, “disrepute” …

This week just keeps getting better…

http://lon-cdn220-is-10.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release/Sifo/1/2016-04/834378/OneDirectionNewSong-1024-503681842.mp4

■■■■■■ Norah

This week just keeps getting better...

http://lon-cdn220-is-10.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release/Sifo/1/2016-04/834378/OneDirectionNewSong-1024-503681842.mp4

So now they want teeny boppers to sign on?

Faark me. That is flashmob levels of cringe worthy.

Faark me. That is flashmob levels of cringe worthy.

Flash mobs are cool though

Another win… the only thing that comforts me is thinking about them after they finally lose a GF and everything falls apart Brisbane Lions style. please let it be so…

I hate this mob more than anything ever.

They were never going to lose. Too good.

They definitely look (so far) slightly more vulnerable to fast ball movement
Though given how well they seem to peak for finals the worrying thing is they’ll get better and better as the season progresses

They definitely look (so far) slightly more vulnerable to fast ball movement
Though given how well they seem to peak for finals the worrying thing is they’ll get better and better as the season progresses

They sure will.

The question for them is how far they will fall and when. Clarkson knew it in 09 when they didn’t respond. So hit did a quick chop, went and bought Burgoyne, loaded up on some speed in the draft and poached a couple of Ruck and KPP via FA.

This all works whilst you have a core midfield, gun small forward and quality talls. Sux big fat hairy balls when the quality coming through cant stand up week in week out.

Looking at their list next year they will be.

Mitchell 34
Burgoyne 34
Gibson 32
Hodge 32
Lewis 30
Roughead 29
Puopolo 29
Birchall 29
Frawley 28
Smith 28
Stratton 28

That’s a massive chuck of your core group post 30, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hodge, Gibson, Lewis, Roughy are almost irrplaceable. You might be able to buy in 1-2 players. But eventually your going to drop and with them I think it will be soon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of the 22-27 year old players get big contracts and are poached. Why wouldn’t Freo offer Bradley Hill a boat load to come play with his brother. Gunstan, Bruest would command a truckload as well. $ they are not going to see for 2-3 years at the Hawks. Suckling already jumped, why not others?

I don’t think they will make the GF this year and a few retirements will see them fall a bit next.

@Nocturnal

Ordinarily, looking at an age demographic like the one above would be extremely concerning, but less so in their case.

I think Mitchell could easily do a Craig Bradley if he wished to play on for that long.
I don’t see his form falling off the precipice in 1 season.

Burgoyne definitely has slowed half a step from 2014 to 2015.
Perhaps he will slow a little more this year, but still a very decent player.

Gibson still looks in tip top shape.
Not sure if he is in decline yet.

I think they will replace Hodge far easier than most football scribes think.

Not sure about Lewis.
Have to see how he is travelling as a mid once into his 30’s.

All the guys from Roughead down still have several years of good footy in them.

Not replacing Lake will certainly hurt them, and may lose them an extra game or 2 throughout the season.
Particularly if Frawley misses any meaningful patches of games, as it forces Stratton to play taller.

Funnily enough, losing Roughy doesn’t seem to have impacted their forwardline much at all.Similar to when they lost Buddy.
Someone else just slots straight in there who can kick multiple goals (Sicily) on any given day, to join the likes of Gunston, Rioli, Breust & Puopolo.
They will miss his relief ruck work though, until he gets back.

Obviously, Father Time will catch up with them eventually, but we may have to put up with another GF appearance or 2 {gulp} before that happens :neutral:

Yeah, huge drop after winning for 4 flags in a row. Hate to be in their shoes.
Just give them the flag already.