1. Alex Rance
  2. Dustin Martin
  3. Brett Deledio
  4. Anthony Miles
  5. Jack Reiwoldt

2015 Rising Star Noms

Kamdyn Mcintosh (Round 1)
Ben Lennon (Round 22)

Ins – Jacob Townsend, Chris Yarran, Andrew Moore, Callum Moore, Mabior Chol, Adam Marcon, Daniel Rioli, Oleg Markov, Nathan Broad

Outs – Matthew Dea, Nathan Foley, Nathan Gordon, Chris Knights, Matthew McDonough, Chris Newman, Ricky Pettrd, Matthew Arnot, Matthew Thomas (four Matthews delisted in one year…)

My Prediction

So this is an incredibly important year for Richmond. Making the finals is no longer enough. Coach coming out of contract after failing to impact the finals in three successive years. I am sure if they start the season well, he will be signed and tucked away. If not though, this could get ugly fast.

The forward line lacks matchwinners outside of Jack Reiwoldt. We saw improvement last year from Vickery who performed like an AFL footballer but will need to improve further. I think Yarran will spend time up forward and that will certainly give them a little more class up there although he has struggled with fitness over the preseason. Deledio showed a fair bit up forward last season and expect him to play a fair bit there this year. Anything happens to Reiwoldt and they will miss the finals.

The midfield is strong. The top end with Cotchin, Martin and Deledio is very good. It does drop away a little after that although they have the likes of Miles and Ellis coming through. They need Maric fit as well. They are a much better team with him at full strength. I wouldn’t put their midfield in the elite category but certainly they have some firepower there.

The backline was very well performed last year. Rance and Chaplin are amongst the best tall combinations going around. Again they don’t bat deep in KP talent, after those two you are looking at Grimes and Astbury. I think the systems and up field pressure helps a lot though and they are as susceptible as some other teams.

They have a good solid list. They don’t have a premiership winning list. They don’t have enough depth or enough players in the elite category. They need more match winners. They certainly have a list good enough to make the finals and win one. They need to do just that. I think they will finish from 5-7 again. I don’t think they will win a final.

Maric had to be the most important spud in the AFL

Best 22
B Grimes Chaplin Batchelor
HB Yarran Rance Houli
C Ellis Miles Hunt
HF Lennon Vickery Martin
F Deledio Reiwoldt Edwards
R Maric Grigg Cotchin
Int Vlaustin McIntosh Lambert Rioli
EMG Conca Hampson Lloyd

interesting year for tigers & hardwick
Does Hampson get a gig? or does he prefer Vickery + Lennon
Does he play Yarran at HBF or Half Forward
How long will it take for him to blood Rioli up forward
Will Conca step his game up a level or be remembered as the player Richmond drafted before Heppell.
Will Taylor Hunt stay in the best 22.
What other youngsters will step up. I think they have a fairly settled best 22.
Im not sure they have the talent to take the next step and win a final.
Looking at ins/outs only really added yarran and Rioli but lost an ageing newman.
I don’t think Yarran adds that much to be honest, but Rioli could be anything, also could produce nothing in his first year.

Finish 6th to 12th
most likely position 9th and Hardwick sacked.

To make finals need

• Maric, Deledio, Martin, Cotchin, Rance Ellis, Reiwoldt to play majority of games & play well.

Knife edge. Have upside in youth developing and addition of Yarran.
Downside in lack of depth - dependence too few.
I suspect they will wind up around 5th and win a final.
But more likely to finish equal 9th with farknorf and farkport.

They have a good solid list. They don’t have a premiership winning list. They don’t have enough depth or enough players in the elite category.
Troll. Houli has been elite for years!

I predict they’ll do enough to secure and then jeopardise and then secure a new contract for Hardwick.

Houli out for 12

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmonds-bachar-houli-to-miss-up-to-12-weeks-with-wrist-injury-20160517-gowzca.html

Bugger
So he’s gonna miss Dreamtime eh

Houli out for 12

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmonds-bachar-houli-to-miss-up-to-12-weeks-with-wrist-injury-20160517-gowzca.html

‘Training’, eh?

He was training for something

Wonder if they’ll realise they are better off without him and offer us a draft pick for Dea. (Yes I know they don’t have to but it’s Richmond)

One of the most overhyped clubs in the game for years, decades even. Often say, if this club actually did 1% of what their supporters say they’re gonna do they would have won 14 premierships since 1980.

Think they lack depth & class, remind me of the Bloooos a few years ago in that they have a core group of high draft picks, a few rejects & then not much else. Can’t see them reaching top 4 with this group , & can’t see them doing much more than say 6th this season.

Agree that it flat track Jack goes down they are in real strife. I must say Jack improved last year however, from being just a flat track bully when playing on blokes like Heath Shaw & hardly getting a kick against a decent key defender & sooking it up, to now being a genuine team player… still though, if he’s not kicking the goals who is…

Good defence, reasonable midfield but a bit too reliant on 2 or 3 key players there just like in the fwd line. As i said, 6th or lower.

9th.

I’d be on the Tiges for Top 4 bandwagon had they made a major acquisition. Apparently they were letting out the fact that they had Treloar signed, sealed and delivered to certain section of the media mid-season, but that blew up in their faces when he chose the Pies instead. Yarran and Townsend might play roles but they aren’t absolute A-Grade. 15 wins in the H&A shows they are a decent enough side but still lack some class, especially by foot. With the sides that are tipped to rise this year (Geelong, Port, Dogs), they could be under threat for their spot in the 8. Would another 13-15 win season and 1st round finals exit be enough for Hardwick to keep his job? No doubt the players love him but is he the right man to take them the next few steps or do they need a coaching ‘finisher’ to get them to the last 2 weeks of the season?

5th-9th

I'd be on the Tiges for Top 4 bandwagon had they made a major acquisition. Apparently they were letting out the fact that they had Treloar signed, sealed and delivered to certain section of the media mid-season, but that blew up in their faces when he chose the Pies instead. Yarran and Townsend might play roles but they aren't absolute A-Grade. 15 wins in the H&A shows they are a decent enough side but still lack some class, especially by foot. With the sides that are tipped to rise this year (Geelong, Port, Dogs), they could be under threat for their spot in the 8. Would another 13-15 win season and 1st round finals exit be enough for Hardwick to keep his job? No doubt the players love him but is he the right man to take them the next few steps or do they need a coaching 'finisher' to get them to the last 2 weeks of the season?

5th-9th

If they do not win finals this year Hardwick is gone. If they implode mid point of the season Hardwick is gone.

I’ll give you an IF…

IF Rance goes down for any reasonable length of time, like an 8 week injury, their season will implode completely, and they will miss the 8.Nothing surer !

{shut up Rocky, he’s a very,very good player, holding that whole defence together}

I saw one game last year - Fletch’s 400th in the dreamtime. Richmond looked a million bucks that night. Cohesive and a good spread of talent. I’m not a Richmond fan, but on that night they looked pretty damned impressive to me. Must admit I was surprised. Having said that, I could still see them finishing 9th just because of their inconsistency. But I don’t think they will.

Moore finals choking please

Yarran too unfit to play seniors for the first 1/3 of the year apparently. Dimma fuming.

I saw one game last year - Fletch's 400th in the dreamtime. Richmond looked a million bucks that night. Cohesive and a good spread of talent. I'm not a Richmond fan, but on that night they looked pretty damned impressive to me. Must admit I was surprised. Having said that, I could still see them finishing 9th just because of their inconsistency. But I don't think they will.

Really? I thought they were bang average. We dominated the game between the arcs but our issue was we didn’t kick straight.

Yarran too unfit to play seniors for the first 1/3 of the year apparently. Dimma fuming.

lol

Apparently reviewing their decision to have Relton Roberts as a mentor for Yarran