Top 5 Best and Fairest

1. John Kennedy
  2. Dan Hannebery
  3. Keiren Jack
  4. Heath Grundy
  5. Jarrad McVeigh

2015 Rising Star Noms

Isaac Heeney (Round 3)

Ins – Callum Sinclair, Michael Talia, Colin O’Riordan, Callum Mills, Jordan Dawson, Tyrone Leonardis, Tom Papley, Kyle Galloway, Sam Murray

Outs – Craig Bird, Adam Goodes, Lewis Jetta, Michael Pyke, Rhyce Shaw, Sean Mclaren, Lloyd Perris

My Prediction

The Swans have set themselves up to be perennial contenders but last year would have been disappointing for them. For a forward line overflowing with talent and potential you would have to think being the sixth best performed scoring team isn’t really good enough. The forward line losing Franklin to mental illness was far from ideal towards the business end although truth be told, they never really looked like it last year.

Up forward they are loaded with tall talent. Franklin is still elite, Tippett finally started to find some form last year and looks most comfortable as a ruck resting forward rather than a stay at home forward. Reid can play either end but looks more natural up forward. It was his injury last year that was the final nail in their coffin. Heeney was solid up forward although he will spend more time up in the middle next year. They do seem to lack a genuine opportunistic small forward, this is often filled with midfielders resting up there.

The midfield is full of talent but seems a little one paced. They need Rohan to stay fit to break the lines. Parker and Heeney seem to have a bit of toe but they will miss Jetta’s pace. Still they have a good collection of strong big bodied midfielders. They will break even at the least on most occasions. The ruck situation lacks depth but Sinclair is a pretty good get and should operate well with Tippett.

The backline has the advantage of playing a small ground and having a midfield with a good defensive mindset. They have some good KP talls in Richards and Grundy but will be hoping one of their younger talls steps up to take Richards place. Losing Shaws run off half back is in part nullified by Rampe stepping up last year.

It is hard to be excited by the Swans list. It solid and looks like they have probably added another elite mid to the mix in Mills. They have a dangerous forward line which should by now be working really well together. They need to improve on last year. I would think the Swans will finish top two.

umm…

Much the same with these guys. Should, coulda, woulda.
Changes this year are more negative than positive, for mine.
Lower half of the 8. I think they missed their chance these last two years.

Swans Best 22
B Smith Richards Talia
HB McVeigh Grundy Laidler
C K Jack Kennedy Heeney
HF Rohan Reid Rampe
F Tippett Franklin Lloyd
R Sinclair Hanneberry Parker
Int Mitchell, Mills, Cunningham Jones
Emg McGlynn, B Jack, Tower

Lost Shaw from Defence fans would say he was old, slow and turned the ball over anyway. And Goodes from forwardline, which will suit them better as they were too tall when had Tipett, buddy, reid, goodes and pyke in same team. plus goodes 34. hes not fletcher cant play forever. Pyke last year was poor they wont miss him, and were better when Tippett was in the ruck. They wont miss Bird, as Mills is better replacement hence them happy to offload him…
overall I don’t think they are that badly placed given ins and outs.
Lewis Jetta probably the only player they will miss, but ask if they missed him during the 2014 GF as he was 0 touches jetta :slight_smile: that day, at least for the first half.

I predict Talia to take the third tall in defence and be groomed to take Richards job once he retires.
Rampe moved forward to allow Talia to go back and to provide my R Half forward line.
McVeigh actually is another who could be moved from defence, he is pretty versatile if they want to leave Rampe home in defence.
Mcglynn to be pensioned off as Depth in the NEAFL they just have too many good young midfielders to be playing him like
Heeney, Mills, Mitchell, parker etc but he will get games when there are injuries.

Now im usually the one saying that swans are too old and will fall off the perch and wont make the finals (since 2007)
But I think Provided buddy stays mentally ok. Swans will be a challenger again come the end of the year.
Predicted finish 1st - 6th
Expect around 3rd/4th

Hopefully that means they miss finals and become a rabble.

Don’t mind the Allbleck review.

Don't mind the Allbleck review.

Always an interesting perspectiver offered and an annual highlight of the BBlitz preseason.

“Mcglynn to be pensioned off as Depth in the NEAFL they just have too many good young midfielders to be playing him like
Heeney, Mills, Mitchell, parker etc but he will get games when there are injuries.”

really? I reckon Benny the Beaver is one of their best. Heeney had his face smashed in too, might be a bit tentative.

Lol.

Eat sh*t, Eddie.

hahaha in his classic gutless fashion Gill has now apologies to Adam for not stopping the booing during his final year of footy

■■■■ me, what a saving face PR exercise that is

if you really felt sorry for the bloke why didnt you try a bit harder when he was, you know, actually getting booed?

I expect Jobe Watsons apology to come soon too :slight_smile:

Where is essendons apology then gil?

Hope he catches herpes

hahaha in his classic gutless fashion Gill has now apologies to Adam for not stopping the booing during his final year of footy

if you really felt sorry for the bloke why didnt you try a bit harder when he was, you know, actually getting booed?

You call this an apology?

I’m sorry you feel that way…

““As a game, we should have acted sooner and I am sorry we acted too slowly.” Think it’s Gil

And this from Fitzpatrixk?
“For racism to blight his final season is a great shame for our game.

“While we have much to be proud of in fighting racism and working with the indigenous community, the (AFL) Commission also acknowledges the journey we are all still on.”

““As a game, we should have acted sooner and I am sorry we acted too slowly.” Think it’s Gil

“While we have much to be proud of in fighting racism and working with the indigenous community, the (AFL) Commission also acknowledges the journey we are all still on.”

Yeah - it’s not your farkin game gil/shitpatrick. it’s our game.

admittedly i only saw the announcement that he had made an ‘apology’… didnt bother read what he said

They’ll probably continue to show video only of Essendon fans booing him…from years back when he’d sniped Hird.

The SCG looked damaged early on in the NRL match on it today. Going to be a seriously soft track.

Carn, Swans.

Bad kicking = bad football.

i love buddy franklin. there, i said it.

most people do, he is brilliant to watch when he is on.

If L Franklin is playing, then I'm watching.