Season 2017 - Collingwood

McGuire read through the ladder top down, and made a quick comment about each team - he ended with Collingwood who ‘are still in there fighting’.
farking lol.

1 Like
  1. Do they?
  2. Leon Davis was rubbish
  3. Collingwood recruitment continues to amaze
2 Likes

Lol. Leon Davis was a goal kicking small forward. They have small forwards who can be dangerous around goal.

Jarrod Harbrow is not the player who they need. He’s a backman who give his opponent space.

They severely need tall forwards and tall backmen.

1 Like

To be fair, after a decade of mediocrity (including his classic Grand Finals), Davis did have a short period where he was a decent part of a backline.

They should just play Mayne off half-back. Would improve their VFL team substantially.

1 Like

Collingwood are the current reigning premiers of thinking that they’re one ingredient away from contending. Just need a bit of outside class, then just need a bit of structure up forward, then just need some rebound off half back.

2 Likes

And that this one ingredient is somewhat past their used by date … but for us could be anything!

1 Like

“Could be anything” is my favourite cliche because it does a good job of making “this player is a reasonable chance of being a complete and utter failure” sound like a positive.

They are almost like what we were in 2005, thinking we are nearly there but actually miles away

1 Like

Leon davis for all his faults ended mark shotgun williams career in one half of football

1 Like

Love that they have had a resurgence towards the end of the season. It means that Buckley will get a contract extension. LOL.

2 Likes

Hope he stays, he will continue to destroy the list and plunge them to the bottom. Collingwood pick 1 2018 traded to Carlton for Kruezer!

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve heard a stronger attack on an AFL media identity than N Buckley on B Hardie yesterday. Calling for Hardie’s accreditation to be withdrawn is pretty full on.

3 Likes

Have I mentioned that I like Buckley?

5 Likes

Couple of times.

Ross Lyon was almost as strong but equally as scathing. Lyon already refuses to speak to 6pr. They might restrict access to their players now as well. Hardie might be in a bit of strife here because one thing that media employers don’t like is being black listed. Remember the C7 journalist who ‘found’ and revealed the medical records of a few Hawthorn players? That’s right, you don’t remember his name because he’s no longer working in the AFL media.

3 Likes

Mero does.

I like Bucks.

1 Like

Hardie’s presence has already been significantly reduced by Croc Media’s take over of the weeknight sports show and broadcasts of AFL games. He might have even less to do now.

Dylan Howard - Is now one of the most powerful and influential celebrity/entertainment reporters in America - You can say he’s kicked a goal.

2 Likes

I didn’t say he no longer works in the media. I said he no longer works in the AFL media.

Brad Hardie must be trying to channel his inner George Grljusich Diggers, when George broke the news of Malthouse leaving the Eagles to join Collingwood with Mick calling 6PR not 5 minutes after to take him to task and denying the rumours at the time. Look hiw that turned out.

Brad Hardie wouldn’t have made the Lyon accusations lightly and would’ve had his sources, or perhaps he knows that Ross the Boss has had form in previously seeking out a fatter contract from a rival club and dumping his current club quicker than he can run an AFL list into the ground and jump ship.

Perhaps Brad is channeling his inner SWMNBN and hiding behind his ‘sources’ to put two and two together to get five and just totally having a guess.

Or he maybe shaming Ross into remaining at the Dockers to see out his current contract and continue on with the rebuild there.

Interesting to see how this all plays out.

1 Like

Hardie drinks his own bath water. Is a fkstick of the highest order

1 Like