Season 2017 - Hawthorn

Boo Farken Hoo, my hearts bleeding through an open chest wound for these nut tonguers

The first year in a long time I’ve wanted to play them twice

1 Like

Good to see Rioli’s snipe was punished.

1 Like

I’m a little torn. As much as I like these carnts losing I don’t want the Aints to be rewarded for it.

same.

Agreed what we really need is a salary cap scandal where the saints get stripped of their first few picks.

1 Like

Hearing word that AFL will cease operations until Cyril comes back from injury

2 Likes

If only they had drafted David Myers…

2 Likes

Sounds like a case of tanking - if only they had a first round draft pick…

1 Like

They will probably ask for a priority pick, then trade it for Drew Petrie.

I dont want to see the saints win, but fk me. Hawks getting a 1 or 2 pick, then losing it is going to give me so so many lolz. Especially their dumb ■■■■ supporters getting smug. Well at least we have jom and mitchel and number 1 or 2… ahh no ■■■■ head.

Eat ■■■■ hawks

1 Like

Im still roflcoptering at them trying or having to trade vickery. Hahaha.

1 Like

Saints are going to be a force regardless of the pick, they are going forwards quickly and have a great list

Just die hawthorn. Last please

1 Like

I just don’t see it with the saints.

Allot of players that are recycled, top picks are not hits and are relying on the same players (Steven, geary etc). KPBs would be exposed by anybody with pace or agility. They are surprising me on the score line front so maybe I’m just completely wrong, but I don’t see a flag side in them.

Agreed.

I think their current list is: “meh” personified to be perfectly honest.

How anyone thinks that fat bloke, McCartin is going to turn into anything other than a poor mans Kozi is beyond me.

Laughable comment

Tom Hawkins was exactly the same type, they simply take time being massive lump juniors who are bigger & stronger than their opponents into now dealing with AFL level kpd’s who are generally seasoned men not just boys who also get way more help from such a structured back 6.

McCartin dominated VFL on weekend, 13 marks and big bag of goals. Has kicked 18 goals in 5 games for Sandringham.

Patience was required as will be for Francis. McCartin has been made to earn it and now opportunity arises with Bruce out. NRiewoldt will retire soon enough also.

Saints list is very much tracking well as they made the hard decisions when their senior players still had currency via trade / free agency. Tried to get as many under pick 20 selections as they could. And have targeted 20-24yr old players on fringes of strong sides as well as picking off Carlisle.

And they have a very strong $$ position to chase free agents and trade targets now (with 2x2017 first rounders).

Still stuck in Seaford though. Fark them!.

4 Likes

McCartin looks like he has the goods to work with. I guess a lot will depend on his mental approach to training and fitness, and injuries. But he does have the look of a solid player up forward.

1 Like

Vickery has 11 from 4.

I’d just assumed he was injured, should be a walk-in for the Hawthorn team :wink:

Only man to have more marks than HAMS.

Also I’m pretty sure at the same point of their careers Kosi was the bees knees. Rising star etc.