Season 2017 - Hawthorn

I think they are a couple of gun mids away from being a genuine force. If they score Dusty in free agency that may be enough.

McCartin will be a gun.

1 Like

A lot easier to be positive about them this year than last, only Montagna & Reiwoldt left playing important roles of the old brigade (plus Sam Gilbert’s still hanging around)

Still probably short a quality key forward, will be looking to either McCartin or Hugh Goddard. Question marks there.

Midfield’s coming along.

Ess and hawks twitter war started. Hawks post picture of hodge. Surely we need all bomber fans with twitter to reply with pics of the dog hodge drink driving and being a cheap ■■■■

They were nearly going to cease operations, but then remembered that Alex Rance and Jacob Weitering were still playing. And so, with those other GOAT’s still on the park they had a reason to live after all…

O’Meara out for another 3 weeks with a knee injury, but don’t worry Dawk fans, apparently, it is a new injury, not the old one flaring up again. Just what the guy needs, a new knee… injury. This prognosis comes from the Dawks own medical staff. They wouldn’t tell Porky Pies, would they?

Always the innovater Alistair Clarkson has re invented their game plan. It involves offloading your two best players then playing in such a secret way week to week that even the players don’t know what’s going on

Clarko’s clusterfark

7 Likes

Is deflecting big time mentioned the 61 flag at the last post game, as if anyone can remember that far back

So if O’Meara needs to miss the rest of the year to get his knee right so that he can become the 8 year player we know he can be then he’ll miss the rest of the year - ok, good one hodgey

Oi!

Didn’t go to the game. My first GF was the next year.

But I do remember going to the Show that night. Showbags were 2/6 I think.

1 Like

Milkshakes were 9 pence and a penny for malt. Yummy.

I can’t see the Hawks putting in for a women’s team. No way the sheilas will want to wear brown and gold.

1 Like

“Do I look OK in these brown and gold stripes, or do I just look like I’m ■■■■ at football?”

Baby boomers, they were the days.

They were 2/6 and were chockers full of terrific stuff. Probably $10 now?

Sure you’re not thinking about baby bloomers?

They’re usually brown and gold.

1 Like

My wife found this on Airtasker…

5 Likes

Nah, they’re gonna trade him. LOL.

Surely not even coming lightly sprinkled with magic Hawthorn dust could make norf pick up the rest of Vickery’s contract

O’Mearas knee has re-farked itself.

I suppose, after the experiences we had with several chronically injured players we can relate to the disappointment, but Hawthorn knew this was a big risk, surely, or do they expect a rub with magic Clarko Balm will fix everything?

They did all their checks and they gave up alot for him. Did they overlook something, or just go on a hunch/gut feel or is it just bad luck?

A Jaryd Roughead-less Hawthorn were one kick away from a home preliminary final last year.

Rather than consolidate that list, they elect to bring in Scott Gumbleton Mk2 for Pick 2*, Pick 10, Pick 20*, Pick 23 and Pick 36, not to mention the 700K salary.

As well as this, they bring in the most maligned player in the league on a substantial contract, Tyrone Vickery, who is currently playing VFL.

But the kicker there; in doing so, they disrespect two all-time club legends/premiership players and jettison them to sides currently pushing for top 4.

To make matters worse, that existing list of players, one kick away from a home prelim final, would have added Jaryd Roughead, Tom Mitchell and dramatic improvement from equal rising star favourite, Ryan Burton.

It’s hard to argue the Hawks wouldn’t be challenging for the premiership this year. But as we sit here, they are currently 2nd last on the ladder and going into a game tonight as $8 outsiders, without a first round pick to show for it.

HAHAHAHAH!

I haven’t had such a good laugh in months. Whoever wins the premiership this year needs to erect a gold statue of Alastair Clarkson outside their facility. What was he thinking!

IN
Jaeger O’Meara
Tyrone Vickery

OUT
Sam Mitchell
Jordan Lewis
Pick 2*
Pick 10
Pick 20*
Pick 23
Pick 36

1 Like