Season 2017 - West Coast

You’re right but we were bound by the mate’s code and had to support him even though his behaviour was shithouse.

1 Like

IF WCE play finals… And he plays… They would probably go all right. Huge difference.

Remove Ryder from PA and they are trash. Nic Nat is better. add him to WCE… forget about it.

Will not win a final away from Perth with or without him. They are a rubbish side

Correct.

The Norf of last year.

Which makes it even more depressing knowing that we are a better side than them and yet they are probably going to play finals.
For all our deficiencies I think we would put up a better finals effort than they would

Funny you should say that, Drew Petrie has retired. Tell me again why they picked him and Mitchell up?

They picked Petrie up as a rookie because their two main ruckman were out with injury this year.

They pretty much gave up pick 88 for Mitchell. That’s totally worth the gamble and they got more out of that pick in one year than we got for Yestin Eades over two.

Those two trades/pickups aren’t why they had a rough year.

No but both picks showed their mental state at the time. “We are going to win a GF and we need these two to make it happen”. It was a bust and so were those two pickups.

For a laugh, i know i was laughing when they picked them up. And laughed even more watching them play

Petrie has been okay this year. He went there because lycett and Nic nar were cooked. It wasn’t the worst rookie pick

4 Likes

Shouldn’t worry too much because they received the soft side of the finals draw, and all up were pretty lucky, but I cant farking stand to think these front-runners will end up going further into finals than us, they’re seriously farking average, not to mention how badly we smacked them.

1 Like

Someone needs to film a whole Sam Mitchell game and see how often he does things against the spirit of the game. Then he can again state his amazement that people think he would do such things.

2 Likes

Any chance Nic-Nat gets back for a final?
He was celebrating the win pretty hard.

I find this interesting. We often talk about loyalty on here but Brown is right, the club actually isn’t that loyal either when it comes to getting rid of players and neither are us fans. We scream about Ryder leaving us then some on here ask the club to consider trading Hooker and Heppell, two leaders of the club. Twice now Hooker has stayed when he could have gone (once when he refused to be traded and second when coming back from saga). Now people want to get rid of him because he is worth more at the trade table.

We have no right to demand loyalty of the players when we don’t show it ourselves.

2 Likes

I guess if Essendon lied about where they wanted to trade him, lied about why, didn’t care if he got a worse deal, and told him on the eve of a final, then the situations could be comparable.

They didn’t, though.

2 Likes

At the end of the day most supporters are loyal to the club not the players. As long as we get a flag I couldn’t care what players we trade/delist in the process. Clubs should have all the power

1 Like

I think until a player is free agent status clubs should be able to trade them regardless of them signing off on it.

2 Likes

There’s a right and a wrong way to do things.
By both the club and the player.

Which is why I will never get antipathy towards Carlisle here.
He did everything we could have asked for in requesting a trade.

As far as I’m concerned, McPhee doesn’t exist as an Essendon player.

5 Likes

Who?

Oh you mean McFlee.

1 Like

I would probably consider McPhee an Essendon person over Fremantle person.
His Best years were at Essendon - AA, was finished when he went back to Freo.
McPhee’s dad had some good insights.

142 Essendon Games (Father son/Daughter eligible)
81 Fremantle