Season 2018 - Gold Coast

maybe thats the best option for assistance. extra cap space so they can pick up a few veterans

2 Likes

I think they should up their salary cap so they can lure a big player or 2. Just a temporary thing for a few years.

1 Like

If they don’t have cap space, after GAJ and Lynch et al leaving, then shut the joint down.

yeah, dont want it blowing out to full blown C.O.L.A.

i would guarantee you there would be some guys there earning a fortune for mediocrity because their managers have threatened to shop them around if the club didnt pay up.

2 Likes

Goddard, Le Cras were pushed out last year, there’s two or three every year who would be good pickups IMO.

(And wouldn’t cost the world)

Its more the lifeline to play on another year and the guy needs to be despearate to play.
Jordan Lewis / Nathan Jones/ Roughy a chance.

but should look to the swans.
Jared McVeigh 34 lol
Zac Jones - if they get Nathan
Nick Smith 31
Josh Kennedy 31 swans would prolly trade him for a second round draft pick and get to play their kids through there.

Give them extra salary cap might help keep players, also might bring in a situation where a Boyd type is paid a million dollars a season again.
they were already given extra salary cap concession when Gary ABlett was there and karmicheal Hunt.

Problem is with administration. - bock / weapon / Dank, like AFL think $$$ may solve everything.
They overrate players due to their original draft pick taken and expect overs when they leave, are ■■■■ to deal with. and are not creating a good environment up there.

GWS happy to send unhappy kids back home sooner than later.

Maybe so.
Maybe those contracts are not helping them.

BJ was asked about that and ruled it out. didnt want to go up there with a young family

I think it’s a slightly different situation. It’s the opposite of a destination club. The players on their list already are seriously over-paid just to keep them there. Apparently Jack Martin is on 800k. Priority picks effect other teams a lot more than giving them some extra cap space.

If the AFL isn’t going to seriously try to help them then they should definitely shut the place down.

i was being facetious, but i agree with you. if they cant turn it around in a few years where they are somewhat competitive, then its not worth keeping the lights on. unless they can get a pauper vic club to merge with them or relocate to tassie.

1 Like

■■■■ me! It’s probably true as well.

Who else on their list would command that type of cash? It’s just old duds and high draft picks up there atm.

1 Like

Knowing Shannon I’d very much doubt he would head up there. He is still keen to come back to the Barossa to live and play

1 Like

Yep. That’s why i don’t see him ending up at Essendon. Carlton could probably afford that for a player like him. For us it’s just not worth it.

1 Like

AFL is partially to blame by forcing clubs to pay X amount of their cap each year.

Rankine extends his contract at the Suns

3 Likes

Lols at Adelaide. They were sure they were getting him.

Give them some future minidraft picks like the Giants had, but make them trade for established talent.

And don’t let them launder them like the Giants did either.

This club is dead in the water an absolute failure from the AFL, at least with GWS Sheddy was the ambassador, now already falling away. What a joke two teams the AFL proposed when everyone was screaming for a Tas team.

whose Sheddy?