Season 2018 - Gold Coast

If I was the Suns I would want more than that.

Is there any certainty that Lukosius will go to South Australia ?

No.
Just wants out of the Suns

1 Like

Is it really that bad there? Thought dew seemed to be creating a positive culture…

They can have an extra pick when they give Brodie ten games in a year.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dew wants out too :yum:

1 Like

I think they’re tanking.
Their older recruits are in the NEAFL.
Rischitelli should have been retired 2 years ago.
Barlow was smashing NEAFL but they never played him.
Same deal with Matt Rosa.
They have kept their mid year recruit in the NEAFL and their other guy they took earlier this year due to LTI’s has been in NEAFL as well.
Their rookies continually getting injured as well.
Worst run team in the league.
Don’t deserve a priority pick.
Give them more funding through coaching department so that they can get their ■■■■ in order before handing them more young players to destroy careers.

4 Likes

I would think Ben King will ask to leave as soon as possible too. Didnt he and his management try to say he couldnt play interstate for medical reasons?

Con-farking-cur.
Matera was a genuine talent. And they turned him into a jobber. For some reason I take that personally.

What is the farking point in giving them another high pick when they already have a big-bodied 30+ possession high draft pick mid that they refuse to farking play?!
Why give you another one not to play?

1 Like

That doesn’t even make sense

1 Like

I hope they reach peak tank in three weeks.

We’re overdue a 94 point first quarter.

4 Likes

it was all rodney Eade’s fault, and Stewie Dew has fixed it all because Hawthorn.

Great idea, Hoffy. They’ve had some highly rated young kids come through their zone (who haven’t ended up coming on I know). This is a good solution to everyone. GC get immediate access to kids other clubs can’t touch anyway and it also allows them to keep the early picks they are entitled to by finishing lower on the ladder. What they do with those picks is up to them. Maybe they could trade in another Weller brother for Pick 2

1 Like

He’s flailing right now, but to an extent his hands are tied cos their whole club is built around the concept that getting pick 1 will fix everything.
Despite however many years of history being obvious evidence to the contrary.

What were people saying about Brisbane 2-3 years ago? They’d just come off an off-season where they had lost Elliot Yeo, Sam Docherty, James Aish, Jared Polec, all guys they’d invested early draft picks into and they were done after their first contract expired. They also let Schache leave too, a former #2 draft pick. Since that point they made the right off-field appointments, got their house in order, created an environment where players actually want to be there, and now look at them. The Hodge recruitment has been a masterstroke too, a real leader and veteran presence, someone who is an on-field coach and those young kids can look up to. You can give the Suns all the early picks you want, but why bother if they are just going to walk in 2 years?

4 Likes

Hodge is the exact type of recruit GC need, but Cochrane &co seem convinced that leadership and experience are to be avoided at all costs.

It’s lasted across McKenna/Eade/Dew, and a couple of recruiters, so it must be an embedded philosophy.

1 Like

So who would be some of the older guys they should target to get leadership and experience through the door?

Myers and Bags :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They went after Roughead last year

They must have serious cap space.

If they did target say Roughy, Nathan Jones and Shannon Hurn. Might only get 1 year out of them, but a senior leader on each line would do wonders.

2 Likes