Season 2018 - Gold Coast

Players always look better in defence. It’s far easier than being a forward especially one in team whose ball movement & kicking efficiency is poor

Reckon Moore has had to carry too big of the fwd line load when he still so young.

If you look at how JD has thrived having Hooker there with him, Moore needed similar. They should have held onto Cloke until found someone to take that big contested brute spot.

It is amusing they going to move him back now.

So much hinging on having Cox/Grundy as a fwd and landing Lynch.

1 Like

New culture obviously needed. Hopefully Dew can fix that, I’d like to see them start to improve.

Not really, though. Don’t forget the ‘I won’t be here next year because I want to be at Collingwood and there’s nothing you can do about that’ clause.

Unsure if sarcastica!

But if they match his free agency bid, and Pies dont put forward a satisfactory trade with GC holding whip hand then he either stays or goes into PSD.

No way he gets through to Pies in PSD. Can’t imagine him leaving to play at North / Blues who are miles off success.

I reckon the blues are closer to success than the pies, even though the Pies have a potentially dangerous midfield.

I definitely don’t agree.

Pies land Lynch for CHF, move Moore to CHB and get that midfield functioning as it should and they will fire.

Blues are way behind in their rebuild especially midfield wise- got class young kids coming through but experienced senior players will be lacking. Just lost Gibbs, Murphy will be gone before they are challenging.

They’ll get good footy out of Alastair Lynch for CHF and Kelvin Moore for CHB before “that midfield” is any good.

1 Like

If there’s one thing we’ve learnt about players, contracts, free agency of all sorts and player managers - players will get to exactly where they want to, if they want to enough.

‘So Eddie, you can keep bleating about Lynch, or you can shut up and I’ll leave this dossier titled “Collingwood 2010” that we collected as part of the Essendon investigation here in my drawer…’

4 Likes

So lets say for arguments sake GC finish 17th and have pick 2. Is the pick 3 compo they get for losing Lynch worth more than Collingwoods 2018 and 2019 first round picks?

No doubt they’ll benefit from having Eade gone. However I think their player losses look worse than their gains. Bottom 3 in my opinion.

If Lynch goes you would think he would go to a challenging club, not a middle of the table club like Collingwood. If he wants to make piles of cash he will stay where he is. AFL will find a way to give him extra coin if he stays. He could easily be earning 1.5mil a season if he stays

What is the definition here? Collingwood are probably closer to being a top 8 side. I reckon if they’re coached well, they could become a bottom half of the 8 side, even in 2018. But i think they’d need a complete rebuild before actually challenging for a flag.
Carlton are further away from top 8 but closer to challenging for a flag imo…

The AFL should do the right thing, just as every sporting body that tried to launch a team on the Gold Coast; stop throwing good money after bad, and send them somewhere they can get a supporter base.
Move them to Tassie and make this their jumper.
Give them Tassie as a recruiting/development zone.

9 Likes

Cold Coast

1 Like

Fold Coast

6 Likes

Would love that. Should it be a state side though or a Hobart/Launceston side with a view to eventually giving them a second side?

Just shows how much people shouldn’t listen to me!

The AFL don’t want a team in Tasmania. They had numerous chances. Even Mars were looking to be a major sponsor if the AFL agreed to it.

They are too preoccupied trying to sell the team in a rugby dominated state and ■■■■■■ China.

2 Likes

Too small for 2 teams. Focus on just 1 I reckon.