Season 2018 - Richmond

Tigers tall stocks shaky there

Griffiths retired on eve of season. Now Hampson. If JR or Nank got injured not sure they have a lot in reserve talls wise.

Some very raw players like Chol perhaps.

is maric still playing for them?

Ivan Soldo…come on down!

No. He’s their ruck coach

1 Like

Was the calf kind of cute ??

1 Like

Think Chol is out for a while as well

Quite a few pundits thought the tiges were the worst bunch of individual players to win a flag - which was actually a complement of how well they worked as a team. With them being clearly the best team as at now, I still think their list of individual talent is less relative to some other teams.

I’ve always rated vlaustin, grimes & astbury; short, lambert & costagna are better than I realised, but dusty is well down on 2017 and a few forwards are getting hold of rance & kicking goals or inducing dives the french soccer/diving team would be proud of. But I think the gap between the sum of their parts and the talent of those individual parts is still the biggest in the AFL; ie they are so good because they extract the most out of the talent they have due to team spirit and a system that is ideally suited to them. They also have a great run going with no big injuries.

But it is quite possible a team with equal or more talent will do them doggies-style a la 2016. Wish it was us, but any of those teams fighting for 5-8th spot are a chance if it all clicks in september.

1 Like

Grimes is a cheating spud! He will he on the same level as Jason Blake was at st kilda, good as part of a team defence but one on one he is junk.

Agree with the rest of your post

1 Like