Season 2019 - Brisbane

I don’t place as much importance on draws as you do. Last year people slagged off Collingwood because of their perceived easy draw and they went within a kick of winning the flag.

It amazes me that people don’t rate this side yet. I tipped them to make the 8 this year (to the ridicule of many on here), and now it would it all surprise me to see them finish top 4 and end up at least in a prelim. They will be very hard to beat in September on the Gabba in particular.

1 Like

Oh I could see them finishing top 6

And going 8-14 next year

2 Likes

We touched em up but things cos have been different if Cameron wasn’t so wasteful in the first quarter.

That’s an excellent point, FOR A CRAZY PERSON

1 Like

I kinda find it hard to rate a side we absolutely pantsed.

1 Like

Remember port under hinkley’s first few years?

Soft draw + zero expectations = looked great, kick away from a GF

BUBKUS since

1 Like

That’s a good point actually. Man do we suck

Just noticed this from January (in response to a post from me saying I was sure they’d make the 8). At least you’re consistent! :grinning:

was gonna say, must be why geelong, westcost and the like don’t really rate us.

This is impressive

I didn’t realise they’d been ■■■■ for quite so many years.

Anyone still think they’re about to drop off?

They’re a scary side when they get motoring. Facing them at the Gabba in September would be very difficult.

I reckon they will. They’re reasonably safe for top 4 now (although not certain), but I won’t be surprised at all if they go out in straight sets.

If we have to play an away final somewhere along the line this year, I want it to be against them

I think they’re very very good when they’re allowed to play their own game. And the North game showed they’re very gettable when they’re not.

So like basically any team (including us)

A top 4 side at virtually full strength, vs a travelling bottom 4 North, shouldn’t need umpiring to get them over the line.

Some teams have a lot bigger gap than others. I think they’ll look to improve at that. That’s all.
They have plenty of talent.

Yeah good point. They were poor that day for sure

North went all out to be nasty, and half the Brisbane side went quiet.

2019 is impressive but every other year isnt.
They would have had a easier year due to the fixture and their finish from last year with them being in the bottom 4.

Getting Lyons for free because suns over salary cap helped Neale for Beams would have been a win too. just due to youth, but Neale has also played better and been less injured, plus less offfield problems.

They’ve certainly improved but owe their position in the top 4 almost entirely to a dream draw.
Lucky enough to play the Premier Eagles in Round 1 for the typical hangover upset.
Haven’t actually played Geelong or Richmond yet.
We crunched them, as did Collingwood.

They beat a floppy formed and injury hit GWS

What they have done is win most of their mid and lower table fixtures, so credit there.
But how good they really are is a real question.
With the draw in a different order, assuming losses to Richmond & Geelong by now, they’d actually be on 44 points, in the bottom of the eight, and facing do or die games against sides after their finals position.
That would be a true test - can they hold their nerve, or like many young, improving sides, fall away at the last hurdle and finish outside the eight.
But it is what it is - someone will get to play them after losing their first final.
Hopefully it’s us.

1 Like