Season 2019 - Collingwood

Collingwood are an interesting one.

Had the dream fixture as well as a dream run with the umps last year.
I like Bucks but Ed kissing Gil’s head rammed home just how much I hate them.
Harder draw this year but still travel less than us as usual.

I do think we had them in the rematch last year and umps played a deciding factor.

With Grundy and their midfield boosted by Beams, you’d expect the 6-6-6 setup will suit them beneficially and if Elliot can stay on the park, then I’d expect he’ll make it a nightmare for defenders.

Sidebottom will kick more goals out the back than ever this year, so if they hit the lead in the final quarter on Anzac Day than look away - it will be sickening.

Would be great to beat them in the GF this year.

1 Like

4 Likes

FCoFC

No luck poor bugger, Darcy Moore played another ripping game so not sure he will be missed as much as last year. Assume that spells the end of he’s playing career

They were brilliant tonight, we’re nowhere near that standard. Flag.

4 Likes

Would think they are definitely the flag fancy now. Tigers backline were awful without Rance

1 Like

Balanced all over the ground , love their forward line set up, so many versatile dynamic players. Hine has a knack of picking gems in the draft, what’s he’s asking cost :joy:

1 Like

i dont love it… i fking hate it. were going to get smashed again on anzac day

2 Likes

Yep, we won’t be the only ones in that regard though. Must admit they are good to watch, they’re going to be a very good unit for years to come

1 Like

Couple of thoughts on Collingwood

De Goey is such a difficult match up. So explosive, plus their midfield delivering it on a platter.

I forgot how good Beams is whilst he was at Brisbane. Him in their midfield is just scary.

Darcy Moore looks fantastic in defence too, along with Roughead.

Really irritating they are doing so well and that I enjoy watching them.

3 Likes

The Magpies are playing some very good footy, they are quick, back each other, good foot and hand skills and De Goey is a very skilful forward operator and the team are hungry for success. Grundy is a very talented player and having Dayne Beams back worked a treat. Mason Cox is loving his time playing Aussie Rules. They have some good young kids too.

Full credit to Bucks for bringing the team back together.

4 Likes

Completely agree, they also believe in their systems and the lesser players are playing with confidence and backing themselves. So much of football I think is above the shoulders too.

They also seemed to change their gameplan over the preseason, but have not needed to take time to adapt.

1 Like

How good is it watching Collingwood beasting and feasting on a hardened team like Richmond? It’s scary to think what they are going to do to us on ANZAC day considering they usually do us even when they were ■■■■

1 Like

cool yer jets filth lover

9 Likes

A couple of days ago I had a Collingwood supporter talk to me about football in the hushed tones reserved for the deeply pitied.
That was a new low.

7 Likes

We won’t get within 10 goals of this mob on ANZAC Day.

Systems that work, Processes that hide player deficiencies, plucking marks all over the ground, kicking more than their share of ‘cheap’ goals over the back. Unfortunately we are miles away from where Collingwood are at.

1 Like

Anzac day is weeks away, lots can happen between now and then, for now we need to focus on the saints,

3 Likes

12 months ago pies were 0 - 2 and we were laughing at how they would be 1 - 5. Now they are just brilliant. Tigers reign is over already. Will be interesting to see who challenges them at year end.

I believe Collingwoods midfield depth saw them overrun the tigers in the last quarter.

And tigers backs did ok trying cover for Rance, but were opened up in the end.
Tigers next matches are GWS and Port Away who will both like their chances.

And Tigers could be 1-3

Thought early on tigers hard done by umps, pies threw it in goal square and missed, and tigers players penalised when handballing it. that would have made it closer, but umpires didnt influence the result.