Season 2019 - Collingwood

Regardless, at least this year I won’t be going in with such high expectations as opposed to the last couple of years - it just makes the losses harder to take.

This year I will be watching expecting a loss, but if we do manage to pull off a miracle win, it will that much sweeter.

Round 1 has taken away any hope of high expectations.

I still believe we can get on a roll again like we did last year though.

But yeah anzac day we will be underdogs, thats how i prefer it.

1 Like

Round 1 may have (although very unlikely IMO) been an aberration - I will give them one benefit of the doubt.

I think we can get on a roll too - the back end of last year shows we are absolutely capable - its why round 1 was so hard to take.

Agree 100% though, much prefer being the big underdog on Anzac Day - I forget the year but remember the game where Cupido kicked a bag? Pretty sure we were vast underdogs that day, so it can happen.

1 Like

Funny how the Filth could play a month of extra footy last year, start preseason later than Essington, yet look to be at peak fitness round 2.

4 Likes

Lets wait and see how they are going at the pointy end of the season this year. Are they that good?
Remember they are 1&1. They lost to Geelong. Last night they caught Richmond post Rance with their pants down, just as we were caught last weekend.

The main parts of Buckleys game plan have been the same for some time, on turning the opposition over, or kick in spread, chain to the forward half and then setup an incisive kick I50, with overlap runners to finish it off if the ball comes to ground. But of course it relies on them winning the ball. Richmond matched them in the midfield for 3 quarters. I think Grundy has gone off a bit. Maybe he has been worked out.

Ha! 23 possessions and 137 SC points says Grundy had a better than good game. His output was certainly down round 1

3 Likes

Unless half their midfield gets injured, De goey goes on another bender, Sidebottom loses more hair and therefore loses more confidence, Stepheson gets blown away in gail force winds and Elliots body just breaks into pieces are we a shot of getting within 5 goals.

So we still need to match up on Pendlebury, Phillips, Sier, Cox, Adams, Moore, and Howe?
Cool.

Will make absolute mince meat of us.

Hope I am wrong

1 Like

So you see my point? They’re scary good

Fair points ,lets hope we can sort out current “issues” post haste

I concur.
I’m having a little quiet scoff at people talking them down.

1 Like

We matched them last year when we were playing at our best. We even kept them goalless for a quarter in that game.

If it wasn’t for 3 in game injuries we’d have won, and whilst they had players out we also had no JD or Raz.

Yeah they are looking scary right now but not unbeatable.

Tigers are looking shaky at present. Dusty well out of form. No Rance. JR injured. No Caddy. And differing fwd structure meaning not as much pressure / run for them.

2 Likes

I reckon everyone forgot how good elliot is. He’s a gun. I’d sell my soul for de goey too

5 Likes

Stephenson gail force aside I reckon all those are very likely.

1 Like

Cox copped 1 week from the MRP

I reckon they could be premiers this season. I love their midfield. Their offense with Cox and degoey up there is pretty dynamic and their defensive stocks are pretty rock solid imo.

Cox, Degoey, Elliott and Stephenson. Pretty fantastic.

1 Like

Mhmm. They’ll go very deep yet again.

Must get off on appeal. Just a big bloke running into a small bloke.

2 Likes