Season 2020 - Adelaide

Allegedly kicking footballs and doing drills on the golf course fairways and an assistant coach just happened to be there by accident :joy:

4 Likes

sounds odd if the golf course wasnt closed and they just gook over a hole to practice lol.

They could have said they were looking into a new concept - afl/footy golf…i mean they have soccer golf already. least amount of kicks to hit the flag.

If SANFL gets up and running earlier, does that mean crows listed reserves players can start training sooner?

Bit of a grey area ATM as my understanding from chatting to Norwood people is that the SANFL are planning on running a 8 team comp this season without the 2 AFL reserves sides

1 Like

9 news showed footage of the players on their balconies. They all seemed to be finding it funny.

Morons.

4 Likes

So at the moment the Adelaide Government has not yet agreed to the AFL’s proposal for fly in and fly out games because of quarantine requirements, yet the Government can give an exemption to 16 Adelaide players to not Quarantine - After all quarantine is not leaving your accommodation - This is hypocrisy at it’s finest.

1 Like

Yep, it’s the joy of domestic, state-based politics at it’s finest.
Neither WA nor SA wants to be seen as disadvantaging their local footy clubs, by either enforcing regulations on them, or accepting that they’ll be in the interstate “hub” situation, not the nasty East Coast teams.
Expect it to sort itself out when the equation comes down to either playing by the rest of the countries rules, or sitting the season out - and ■■■■■■■ off all those local voters.
Suddenly epidemics won’t be so important.

Still, as Nigel Smart would say, “Fire Walk With Me”

1 Like

@Aceman love to hear your opinion on this article

Now it’s only 8 (plus coach). Make it 20 weeks.

2 Likes

Wow. Some good SA products coming through this year too

:astonished:

which 2 draft picks? their first 2 or something later?

Edit: Before penalties they have 2 round 1 picks (their own and the GWS one) and 2 round 2 picks (their own and the Bulldogs)

So they should, screw them

Ahh, good point.

I was instantly assuming 1st & 2nd, … but it could be a couple that make two parts of fk all difference to them.

so basically they lose their 5th and 6th picks? Slapped with a wet bus ticket.

Barich has deleted that tweet. But I don’t mind draft pick penalties. Financial deterrents are sometimes not enough.

If lists get cut, then I’d be surprised if anyone uses more than two or three picks.

DISREPUTE.

2 Likes

These days they’d be more likely to penalise them magic fairy dust points than actual picks, if that’s the way they wanted to go.