Season 2020 - Collingwood

Sounds like he owes big bikkies to big bikies.

3 Likes

hope the bulldogs roll them round 1

1 Like

Let’s hope.

His Wikipedia entry has not been changed since the end of the 2019 season, but the Wikipedia edit history has a massive number of edits and of undos.
All part of the joy of a social media presence in the first quarter of this century.

I pray he finds peace in his mind now.

Hopefully he sorts himself out and doesn’t head down the Ben Cousins road.

1 Like

#itrustlindonpoon

Beams done now Langdon likely also

May the wheels continue to fall off all year

Unlucky for Langdon though.

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has praised Tom Langdon’s maturity as he deals with the reality his AFL career could be cut short because of injury.

• March 5, 2020 8:48am
  • by Sarah Olle
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Mar 19 2020

7:25PM

Tom Langdon is contemplating a shock retirement. Photo: Michael Klein.Source: News Corp Australia

Langdon has unsuccessfully been making attempts to ramp up his workload, as he attempts to overcome a debilitating knee complaint and return to play for the Magpies.

But the 25-year-old is also cognisant footy will make up just one chapter of his life and that being a Collingwood player doesn’t define him.

“He’s a ripping young man and has been a great part of our club for the last six to seven years and been a remarkable on field aspect of our success the last couple of years,” Buckley said on SEN .

“He’s going through some trouble with his knee at the moment.

“(Footy) is not all of him, but it’s a big part of him. He’s still trying to work back to a place of getting out on park. But if his knee doesn’t agree with that and come to the party … it’s hard to do.”

Langdon underwent season-ending surgery on his right knee in July.

His last game – against the Saints in Round Nine – could ultimately become the last time he runs out as an AFL player.

Tom Langdon may have played his last AFL game.Source: News Corp Australia

“It’s an option (to retire), absolutely,” Langdon told Channel 7 on Wednesday night.

“It’s been a tough eight months to be honest, to wrap my head around that being an option.

“Being 25, young and reasonably healthy, that’s been a hard reality to come to terms with.”

Were Langdon to retire, it would be a massive loss for the Magpies.

Despite being a fourth-round draft pick, he was arguably the club’s best player in the heartbreaking five-point loss to West Coast in the 2018 Grand Final.

Buckley seemed resigned to the fate Langdon’s career would finish on 89 games.

“When you look at the sheer amount of time that has passed, the cartilage doesn’t regenerate, it’s a degenerative injury,” Buckley said.

“Langers has been very mature about it.

“He has a long term perspective about what the rest of his life looks like.”

Two down, forty-two to go.

5 Likes

At 7 years pendles in their longest serving captain.

Thats genuinely surprising, thought a club like that would have had a 10 season + skipper.

What was Dick Reynolds 11 or 12 seasons?

Thats a shame. apart from playing for the Pies, hes a great player.

1 Like

Fark being in a whatsapp group with someone who speaks English like that.

1 Like

Should break Tony Shaws games record this year too.

Most Career games
|313|Tony Shaw|
|306|Gordon Coventry|
|301*|Scott Pendlebury|

Most games as captain
|161|Nathan Buckley|
|153|Syd Coventry|
|149*|Scott Pendlebury|
|123|Tony Shaw|

Most Career wins
|220|Gordon Coventry|
|193|Harry Collier|
|183*|Scott Pendlebury|

All helps towards lowering their salary cap issues.

Anyone have any opinion/tips on the round 1 game?

I thought the bulldogs were pretty poor in theIr Marsh game against port. But so were collingwood against the saints. I’m not sure why collingwood try to play such a slow methodical way?
Very hard to predict this game.
I think the midfield will break even so based off that fact i’d say collingwood will win as i’d back in their forwards/backs being better than the dogs.
But very hard to tip this one

Their mids will carry them enough to play finals.

Need to expose that trash backline.

2 Likes

will they beat the dogs r1?

At Marvel Stadium, IMO no

I’m not giving away my From Long Range tips.

1 Like

Bad luck for Langdon. A high quality player. The degenerative knee issue is a bitter blow. Could he come back as good as he was before the knee injury? Possible, but unlikely. Better for his long term health to give the game away now, rather than trying to play on and ending up in a wheel chair by the time he is 50.