Season 2020 - Collingwood

I was a cheer squad member back in the days when we’d walk around Windy Hill at half time with a blanket to get coin donations to help pay for the banners & flags. We’d almost always give the opposition CS a wide birth but Collingwood were always the worst. They threw anything they could get their hands on & would actively try to hurt you. Add to that the abuse was a disgrace. Those photo’s you see of the tatted up bogans with mullets & missing teeth was historically accurate. I remember the day they turned up with bags & bags of cut up yellow pages & after making a huge mess set fire to it.
Carlton are just as big a rival but I think thats a success thing more than their supporters. I’ve always maintained that Collingwood & Richmond are the 2 worst supporter groups & a special mention to some vile old grannies who followed North & I swear have been reincarnated as granny Port Melbourne supporters.

11 Likes

Hope LUMUMBA finishes them off.

Racists FC

8 Likes

THE RAT PACK MAGPIES

3 Likes

Litterally every other club yes including FC would sit down and say “we have a big ■■■■■■■ problem with culture at our club” but not this ■■■■ stain of a club.

Mates with gil.

Get out of jail free card every time

Felt so good beating them fcks last week just too bad Essendon fans couldn’t be at the ground fck you covid

7 Likes

Rod Cutler was a seriously tough player - That Prahran team had a few rough and ready coppers who could play footy.

2 Likes

Lou Pepe…Ian McGuinness…Robbie Anderson.

We had one of them come down and captain-coach us…brought a few mates with him. Not one of those three though.

I have a feeling Pepe got himself in legal bother.

1 Like

They all suffered from white line fever,especially Pepe and Anderson - And they kept the pubs in Stkilda and Prahran in business.

the next time we beat Collingwood on Anzac day i willl be unbearable to their fans

3 Likes

Brilliant

Always said id act like a right twat when Liverpool win the title and Essendon win a flag. Id legit lose friends if it happens in the same year

7 Likes

Hey nothing to see here. They have included a Fujian born player and another who’s dad was born in Ghana. What an inclusive club.

Optics…

4 Likes

Not sure if this ones been posted yet but it probably belongs in here

3 Likes

Rod is now hair dresser to the stars in NY, and charges $300 per cut. In a round about way, we are now also related. His younger brother is married to the daughter of my brother-in-law. He and my sister both flew over to NY when Rod got married.

1 Like

Theres a whole thread for it! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh thanks!

1 Like

I played at Vic Park! And Glenferrie too. Blitz matches.

I always kinda forget that these places hosted actual matches once… by the time I came around the ground consolidation had pretty much been complete.

Well said!

I used to play in the Melbourne mid-week footy comp back in the 80s. Lots of cops, firies and even a team from Cerberus. Prahran cops were always hardest at it.