Season 2020 - Geelong

Eddie obviously didn’t get the afl memo that media need to focus on Joe Daniher so they can sweep the steven situation under the rug

4 Likes

3 Likes

Stevens back training. Can’t have been as serious as it first appeared?

Government restrictions preventing crowds for the time being means that the high-drawing fixtures the Cats usually “host” at the much larger capacity MCG can be played in Geelong.

As such, Victorian power clubs Collingwood and Essendon could potentially play down the highway for the first time this century. :upside_down_face:

@efc1robbo goes bang!

2 Likes

I am going to enjoy this, especially considering a rarely get any predictions right

1 Like

Last century, it was usually an annual outing for Essendon to play away at Kardinia Park ( or Corio Oval in the dim past) . I used to love that outing to Kardinia as a kid.

2 Likes

There was a spell there…probably 70s…it bucketed every time we went down there.

1 Like

What about the 50’s & 60’s ?

1 Like

Home games in Geelong on a non standard shaped ground? Free Kick Geelong.

1 Like

They won’t be easy to beat at the cattery. I remember watching the preseason game there last year. Not only was Geelong a lot better than us that day, but I must have seen one of our players slip over at least a dozen times, where Geelong players kept their feet the whole game. It’s not just the crowd that makes that ground advantageous for the Cats.

1 Like

As much as it disappoints me, reckon the shortened season could play into their hands

3 Likes

Agree. Factor in their home advantage as well.

I know he is 36 and still a pretty handy player but geez I was surprised to see how chubby Ablett has gotten.

Still played a good game the other night though.

I think we can all agree that Selwood and Dangerfield are great players, but what an embarrassment to see the way they throw themselves around looking for a free kick.

Add to that their outrage towards the umpire when they don’t get one and you have the daily double.

As I said, embarrassing.

10 Likes

Junior learnt a lot from his dad. Even when he was kicking 14 against us, Senior was repeatedly embarrassing himself with ridiculous appeals (some worked).

2 Likes

Selwood is a fking cheat.
I used to say borderline cheat, but I’m taking away the word borderline.

He enters EVERY SINGLE FKN contest looking to win a free.
It taints his reputation.

It makes me angry watching him play !

6 Likes

I read that in Downfall voice.

Just saw the Selwood hit on Birchall.

Unbelievable that doesn’t’t get a week, and shows the AAFL for the cheats they are.

I don’t care that it hit his shoulder first. The intention was clear. Just a snipe act.

Selwood is the most protected player in the history of the game.

6 Likes

Merrett would have got 3 weeks for that

1 Like