Season 2020 - GWS

Swap McGrath and Taranto and McGrath would look like the gun while Taranto would have to deal with a harder tag / opponent.
Same deal with McCluggage (who was my preference).
I’m quite happy the way McGrath is progressing. Once the team around him are better, he’ll be more appreciated.

1 Like

How long that gonna take?

1 Like

Hopefully before he asks to be traded to a successful team.

Never put down McGrath, just think Tarranto is the pick.

Was BOG for GWS in the granny, when his team mates melted

He’s 6.2. Great size in shoulders to trunk.

Gun

Mcgrath, taranto and mccluggage will be considered the best top 3 ever take, take it to the bank. It’s a no lose situation for all 3 clubs.

McGrath has 30 possessions and a goal in our final and in our bests.

1 Like

Tend to agree.
Tracking as well as Hodge, Ball and Judd atm

I don’t know, I reckon it’ll take a lot to beat Gibbs, Gumbleton, Hansen.

6 Likes

He’s so hot right now.

Tarranto could be the best pick 2 of all time…currently rated as Cotchin >> Roughead/Lappin, Ball

Will be a tough ask for McGrath to better Hodge, mainly due to his finals success 4 flags, Captain. Although I belive MCGrath may be captain one day.

And then for McLuggage to top Judd would be a tough ask…needs to win a Brownlow or 2 and have finals success. HE will be a good player and maybe All Australian…but hard to see him wining the Brownlow just yet.

GWS are looking at playing a game in LA for points starting next year.

1 Like

Im predicting a Dogs v GWS gf- with GWS winning it.

Really?
That sounds odd. I don’t think they have a stadium pitch big enough for a footy game.
The new stadiums are suitable for soccer but not an AFL sized pitch and LA Colleseum is far too small a pitch.

AFLX for premiership points you say…

1 Like

They want to be play at a small boutique ground and reckon they have found a couple that are suitable

They’ve had the olympics twice and having it again in 2028, surely there’s a field big enough for a running track.
Which means it’s big enough for footy.

A 400m running track is around 100m wide. That’s what LA colleseum is based on. For memory the track is close to the fence / crowd line.

An AFL pitch is around 150m.

I’m not sure if a university pitch would have enough space between the boundary lines and the crowd to be able to fit one in.
The new stadiums (Las Vegas and LA) are setup for NFL so they don’t suit.

It’ll be interesting to see where they play it and what the crowd capacity is like.

minimum width for AFL ground is 110m (max is 155m)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure one of LAs more prestigious universities would have a cricket field