Season 2020 - West Coast

Keep on booing flogs

that should be the title of their theme song

Lucky he didn’t pass out on the streets of Chinatown

Is that D Kerr? Gees…

His sis must be so proud of him

yep bit embarrassing for her.

That’s a bit of an embarrassment for Seven West Media as they have been conducting a reputational recovery program for Kerr ever since the dust settled after his release from prison for deprivation of liberty and threats to kill via immolation.

Premiership winning West Coast Eagles players can do almost anything over here and get a second, third, fourth…tenth, eleventh etc chance to make good.

1 Like

And that new version of their song is sweaty balls.

As a bombers fan that spent his early life in WA. I don’t know how you all do it. I could always manage the Freo fans (maybe even have a soft spot for them) but the Eagles fans are trash. The bottomless cesspit of goodwill the Eagles get is sickening

1 Like

Apparently he was just blowing off a bit of steam because he’s got three kids and a business. As you do.

Man, WA is that bad that you lie about your background and pretend to be a sheepshagger instead? It must be pretty bad.

3 Likes

Yeah, he was in the media yesterday laughing about it, said he can’t guarantee it won’t happen again.

Lol…

1-6 NZ
7-21 WA
22-45+ VIC

Thing is, we’ll happily call you a Victorian.

1 Like

That’s a fair sledge.

lol.
Wasn’t a sledge, just a statement of fact.

‘My family has been in Western Australia for three generations.’
sucks air through teeth ‘Only three, eh?’
‘I’ve lived here my entire life.’
‘Weeeell, that’s not entirely true. You spent six months in Melbourne.’
‘That was for cancer treatment. I had cancer.’
‘I understand, and if it were up to me…but I’m sorry, you’re a Victorian now.’

3 Likes

We play by different rules over here that’s for sure.

That goes part of the way to explaining the bias of the chumps for WEagles home games at Optus, but not the whole way.

The former St Kilda coach gave it a name, and he is on the money. The crowd noise has something to do with it. West Coast fans call everything, be it real or imagined. They demand frees and go on about it if they’re not forthcoming and I reckon this gets to the umpires.

I guess instead of moaning about it, other supporters could take a leaf out of their book.

2 Likes

I grew up in Melbourne. Spent the 70s-90s traipsing around rubbish suburban venues, ankle deep in mud and urine watching the VFL and VFA. Got to know and categorise the various opposition supporter groups. Some were ok, others not so much. Moved west in the 90s and was immediately taken with how WCE supporters were, without doubt, the worst I’d ever encountered by some distance. Smug, entitled, parochial, ignorant, and adversarial. They’re getting worse thanks to their growing success, finances, and particularly a tame media which fetes their every achievement and enables this superiority complex. The result is a crowd which only has one setting- rabid. You have no idea, unless you live in Perth, what a dream run they enjoy and how being pro-WCE in word and deed is so ingrained that any criticism is met with aggro or a suggestion you ■■■■ off back to Melbourne. So when they’re at home and don’t get get a free or much worse, they’re penalised, it’s a mystery to the average WCE supporter wtf just happened. The echo chamber mob mentality is abominable.

14 Likes