Season 2022 - Essendon

8-10. Our forward line has me very worried. No tippa ( for who knows how long)leaves a huge gap

Our midfield and defence looks strong.

Well finish top 6.

We’ll make a prelim, but we’ll lose it by a lot.

1 Like

Danks’ supplements finally kick in.

Heppell wins the Brownlow and Hurley the Coleman

1 Like

We could not have a much tougher opening 3 rounds with the Cats, Lions and Demons- 1 win would be a reasonable outcome - 2 wins HUGE and in the unlikely event that we win all 3 then the lid would be well and truly off…!!

We have most of the pieces of the puzzle there to be a good team - even a top 4 team - it’s just the forward line that worries me but if Tippa can get back to playing good footy but April/May then all of a sudden our forward line looks a whole lot better and we may well surprise a few few teams and win a final or 2…

2 Likes

Apparently Mick Malthouse has written an article saying we can win the flag. Personally I don’t believe we can but I’d like to read his rationale.

2 Likes

The article is in the Lid Off 2022 thread.

3 Likes

Often senile men dont have any rationality.

5 Likes

Win 1 out of first 3 will be a success. Winning 2 out of 3 will be sensational. Winning all 3 will be unbelievable - but I would accept it - joyfully!!!

Id be pretty staggered if we were 0-3.
Not disasterous given all 3 are Top 6 teams from last season.

We are good enough to pinch 1 or 2 of those games though.

9th / 7th

Lawyers getting involved now

1 Like

I think we’re a good chance in all of them. They came back later like the lazy, finals winning tw@ts that they are so logically they should all be 6 goal wins.

Apart from Melbourne, which will be 10.

You heard it here first.

Wobble.

1 Like

6th - 8th and win a final.

There’s certainly a silly chance we surprise and are the bolter into top 4 this season, but if you are “expecting” it you need your head read.

1 Like

Yep. Also no Stringer for who knows how long.

For those Blitzers who need assistance reading their heads.

Can’t see us losing round one TBH…

Round 1 - Geelong - Win
Round 2 - Bris - Loss (could win - tough but we are at home)
Round 3 - Melbourne - Loss
Round 4 - Ade - Win
Round 5 - Freo - Win (home as well)
Round 6 - Pies - Win
Round 7 - WB - Loss
Round 8 - Hawks - Win
Round 9 - Swans - Loss (always lose up there)
Round 10 - Tigers - Loss (i really think we are going to win but trying to be unbiased)
Round 11 - Power - Loss
Round 12 - Bye
Round 13 - Blues - Win
Round 14 - Saints - Win
Round 15 - Eagles - Win
Round 16 - Swans - Win
Round 17 - Lions - Loss
Round 18 - Suns - Win
Round 19 - Pies - Win
Round 20 - North - Win
Round 21 - Giants - Loss
Round 22 - Power - Loss
Round 23 - Tigers - Win

13 Wins
9 Losses
That would get us to 6th or so. I was being very conservative with my picks and put all 50/50 games as losses.
This would be my bare minimum.

5 Likes

Now you’ve done it. I am going to bookmark this and ridicule you for each incorrect prediction.

4 Likes

Realistically, we are a top 6 chance, but should be aiming higher, top 4 is not out of the question. We should win 2 of the first 3 games.

The only real hole in the list is a lack of a quality small forward role, vacated by Tippa. While there are players who can replace him, none of them are of the same quality.

FOLD

…oh wait… no

5 Likes

Earlier in this Thread in response to the suggestion that some supporters needed “to get their heads read”, I inadvertently posted a general Phrenology (the “science” of reading heads) diagram.

My apologies.

Here is the specific* Blitzer Phrenology Diagram.

• please note this is a general indication. In some Blitzers various sections, such as Injury Concerns, BBMs, or even Grammatical Errors, may have grown to outsize proportions, placing pressure on other areas of the Blitz brain.

35 Likes