Season 2022 - Essendon

Left out the bit of the cortex which fixates on sash droopiness.

2 Likes

This was the same Malthouse who couldn’t see FC losing a game all year…:joy:

1 Like

Didn’t know but Fejo has signed with the VFL side.

That’s great stuff hopefully he puts in a great year with a chance for us to draft him

4 Likes

Geelong didn’t look slow or ■■■■■ against Richmond on the weekend. They looked like they’d spent the off season (successfully) working on fast ball movement.

Where is the ‘Learnings’ segment? Or is that the part Dr Lecter cuts out?

2 Likes

Worsfold gave blizters a lobotomy by cutting the out the learnings section his way of ■■■■ you

3 Likes

Top 4, locked in, and you will all like it.

3 Likes

Finishing top 4 is more important than winning a final from 8th.

3 Likes

Brasher expects us to contend/win for a flag in the next 2-3 years

I like it.

1 Like

12 wins, 10 losses, 100.3%, lose elim final interstate

4 Likes

We will beat the top side and lose to the bottom side.

Probably in consecutive weeks.

5 Likes

Familiarity breeds contempt.

1 Like

I would think that a combined Essendon/Melbourne best 22 would see us probably have the higher representation. Just.

For me there are two players that represent the difference between us and the reigning Premiers

Gawn and May

we match them pretty well in all positions with our midfield arguably edging out theirs simply because we run deeper.

Bailey Fritsch vs Jake Stringer. Stringer May kick fewer but he’s playing midfield time so that balances.

Ridley vs Lever. I would give Ridley the nod. Younger and will only get better. lever has hit his ceiling.

Petracca vs Parish. Petracca by a whisker
Merrett vs Oliver. Merrett by a whisker

by the end of the year Draper could well have closed the gap on Gawn but Gawn gets the nod without question

Laverde/Stewart vs May. May clearly has the lead but who knows how much improvement is in our two defenders.

Hobbs, Jones, Cox, Perkins, Caldwell all sub 20 games with significant qualified potential.

We’re really not that far off.

Would be happy with a repeat of last season to be honest. Then a big leap the season after.

6-8, maybe…

Blokes from our side would squeeze out the likes of Bowey, Harmes, Sparrow, Spargo, Petty, Rivers, Neal-Bullen. But that’s it.

You’d clearly have Parish, Merrett, Stringer, Ridley, Hind in there. It’s line ball after that… Walla if he was fit and firing.

Not the best tipper so this will be fun.
Please do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If we score more points than the other team each week, we will win most weeks.
If we don’t, we won’t. Will finish somewhere between 1st and 18th. Big call but I’m prepared to bet my kids on it.

3 Likes

I think we’ll see a similar season to last year, but we’ll pick up a few more wins against top 8 sides. Whether that’s enough to get us into the top 4, who knows.

But I think we’re going to be an annoyingly tough team to play against. Any team between 5th- 18th will need to play out of their skins to beat us.

We’ve seen that the gap between our best and worst has closed dramatically…. I reckon we’ll see consistent performances. That will hold us in good stead interstate and against the top 4 sides.

There’s no reason we can’t make the top 4.

2 Likes

Petracca and Oliver are clear of Merrett and Parish

2 Likes