Season 2022 - Geelong

Could say " Yeh, nice guys finish…" and all that. But still gotta look at his record.
You can’t put hand on heart and say we wouldn’t like player like that surely.

I would love to have had a player like Selwood playing for us. I also think he is a stinking cheat.

We’ll leave it there then.

1 Like

Not a chance CJ…Selwood has retired with the record for most games as Captain…Danger is good but he ain’t gonna be around long enough to beat that record.

And for the record, Selwood has been one of my favourite players ever since he started. He is thoroughly deserving of all the plaudits he has been receiving (and not deserving of the nastiness from those who choose to denigrate him and his performances throughout his career).

When l said give it a good shake, l meant as in a good chance to become the next captain. I thought that would be obvious, no one following him will get close to what he achieved.

All good (but your post did refer to Selwood being one of the best all time captains…closely followed by your Danger comment)

Glad he got out before he ducked one too many times.

Imagine if Essendon had just ONE Player in the last 20 years that tries and cares half as much as he does.

JUST ONE.

2 Likes

Joel is great!

Of course…

4 Likes

Not suprising. They’ve owned us for what seems like forever. In my lifetime, I can only remember 3 wins against them.

We have had two.

James Hird and Jobe Watson

2 Likes

Just so envious of that win loss ratio. Lowest is 59%!!!

Dangerfield auctioning off his premiership guernsey for kane Cornes run charity.

https://auctions.officialmemorabilia.com.au/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=4220793&pgmode1=$pgmode1&pgcust1=&pgmode3=livebid&

https://www.mycause.com.au/page/288894/kanes-run-adelaide-to-melbourne-for-my-room?fbclid=iwar1uxpq6warlxyhdez9_rplmk-vmofuska1yndnix-j7lgzmbkxhe7klgd0

He played in 5 seasons (07, 08, 09, 11, 22) where Geelong won at least 20 games, and another 6 seasons (10, 13, 14, 16, 19, 21) where Geelong won at least 17 games.

In fact Essendon has lost more games in the last 8 seasons (104 since 2015) than Geelong has lost in the past 16 (101 since 2007).

1 Like

If Essendon had drafted him, where would he be today?

Probably premiership captain of Geelong, after they grabbed him as a DFA in 2010.

Has anyone heard Selwoods grand final nigth story where he lost his keys and had to get a lift home.

Same thing Hepp would do. Just not as good a footballer in a not very good team.

2 Likes

All the talk about where Selwood would be coaching next year. No one picked the Storm. Interesting.

1 Like

leadership coach - wasn’t aware this was a thing.

How common are they across the codes?

Leadership is a tough gig that can do with formal training / mentoring.