Season 2022 - Hawthorn

After the ■■■■ AFL fixture we had last year I hope we get something like Hawks, Roos and West Coast (home) to start the year

1 Like

Yeah…but we’re more likely to get Sydney away, Geelong (MCG) and Brisbane away :grimacing:

6 Likes

David King reckons Mitchell has cut the whorethorn list too deep and has likely committed coach suicide. He goes on to say development coaches rarely survive. It seems like Hawthorn is destined for North Melbourne levels of win loss in 2023…

1 Like

Hope so!

6 Likes

Sam Mitchell is a golden boy at Hawthorn. He’ll get far more time start performing than others.

1 Like

Say it loud and clear, TANKING!!!
Not that they need to, they will be a steaming pile of crap, but they just want to guarantee that they get Harley Reid.

2 Likes

WE don’t even know if Harley Reid will be the best player in the 2023 draft - Tanking for one player is no way to win an AFL premiership.

1 Like

He’s got a point.

Age article dezcribes the boardroom battles going on at the Hawks.

Apparently, the Dingley project is $25M short. $10M is big money pledges from wealthy donors, which have not materialised, $15M is from the State Govt, but isfrozen.

Yes you guessed it, its all Kennets fault.

Meanwhile the Dingley project is now expected to “complete” in 2025

2 Likes

Bloody Jeff

1 Like
4 Likes

Jesus christ Healey would need some time alone after seeing Jaegers long, thick, hard arms.

I think they nailed this draft and will get Harley Reid next year to top off a pretty successful bottom out.

Why do the Hawks always bounce back so hard :expressionless:

LOL

Out:
Mitchell
OMeara
Gunston
Pick 25
Pick 27
Pick 52
Pick 63
$750k
2023 second rounder
2023 third rounder
2023 fourth rounder

In:
Lloyd Meek (5 years, 15 games)
Cooper Stephens (3 years, 7 games)
Pick 18
Pick 36
Pick 48
2023 second rounder (WB)
2023 third rounder (WB)

LOL

17 Likes

It’s like they let Nino in charge of trading.

JUST MAKE A DEAL
DOESNT MATTER IF ITS ANY GOOD

10 Likes

They haven’t bounced yet. The level of mediocrity from a few teams doesn’t guarantee anyone the spoon. North will be just as trash as last year and no one appreciates starting your reign with tanking like Clarko.

They’re also the youngest and least experienced team in the league guaranteeing the prized 2023 no. 1 pick

1 Like

Hawks can out tank the Roos, I just dont think Clarkos ego/“legacy” could see him take another spoon.

Hard to see them not bounce back with Newcombe (animal), Ward, Macdonald, DGB, CJ, Mitch Lewis.
Now adding Mackenzie, Weddle, Hustwaite and Bailey Macdonald, Stephens (I actually really like him)

And the prospect oh Ried who looks like Hodge 2.0

They just draft tough agro players I’d love that approach for us, we have Voss and thats it the rest are likely to offer you a drink from our water boy :joy::joy::joy:

Ideal scenario.

Tank for pick 1, Mitchell gets the sack and then Hawthorn get draft pick taken away due to Clako scandal.

4 Likes

Rd 1 Dons beat Hawks by 100 and are top of the ladder end of round 1.
back page of Herald sun has Mitchell under the Blowtorch.
Also O’meara and Tom Mitchell both pick up 30 disposals at their new clubs.

1 Like