Season 2022 - Hawthorn

LMAO ok :man_facepalming::rofl:

1 Like

Paul Curtis and Curtis Taylor are who you would be excited to have on a list?
Charlie Comben is someone you’d be looking to when building a fwd line?

Tom Powell doesnt exactly hurt with his disposals none of his games have inspired hope for him with me

Bailey Scott kicks like Dyl Clarke

Griffen Logue well the stats just speak for themselves his tracking as a Francis type top 10 selection

Why they went Phillips will never make sense to me, Hollands was there :man_shrugging:

Mate you just inferred that Ben McKay, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Nick Larkey and Jy Simpkin are list cloggers. There’s not much point to this conversation with that level of understanding.

Oh and you mustn’t have seen much or anything of Paul Curtis to not be super impressed what he was showing in his first year in the AFL system in a ■■■■ team. He showed plenty of attributes.

Lol. Now you’ve laid it out like that, that’s atrocious trading.

Nothing wrong with trading out players and salary cap to bring in picks during a rebuild, but they were probably better off with the picks they had!

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve seen him play this year, but that’s a very silly thing to say.

I was referring to the ones you listed bellow, thought thay was pretty clear.

And he just didn’t do it for me

Um hello? The ones I listed included those guys I just mentioned. Ben McKay, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Nick Larkey and Jy Simpkin

All of whom would walk into our team.

I watch him alot and I’ve watched alot of hia games in person working out of perth frequently.

He doesn’t dispose of it all that well, intercepting game was very hit and miss, he is strong 1v1 but undersized to take on genuine KP sized fwds.
Thats why he lost his place to Cox and Pearce

Look at your list and how it is written.
Then read my reply… I was with you until Wardlaw who is underneath all those guys

I disagree with this assessment.

If you used proper English and wrote ‘until’ I would have been able to follow.

Anyway, your position makes a bit more sense now at least since you clarified it.

But I still disagree strongly on Paul Curtis. Let’s come back to this say midway through 2024 if you’re still on here and tell me if you rate him.

Thats fair

If I’m still on here? Wow ok

Very happy to revisit the topic at seasons end.

Anyhow back to the Hawks, who do you see as their #1 ruck for this season? Lynch looked a decent option until he went down

I may have got a bit fired up and unkind when I said the thing about it not being in proper English. Apologies for that mate. I was just seriously confused as I thought you were calling the players I mentioned, list cloggers and I couldn’t work it out until you clarified it.

But I genuinely wasn’t saying that in an inflammatory sense when I said “if you’re still on here”. I just meant that plenty of posters come and go and people posting here now mightn’t be in a couple of years time.

But yes, let’s revisit it over the next few years.

Re: the Hawks ruck, it looks a weakness for them at the moment. Lynch is a bit of a battler IMO. Has a dip but seems fairly limited. I think one of Lloyd Meek and Reeves will get first crack. Whoever is in best form internally in the lead up to round 1. I don’t think there is much between all 3 of them.

1 Like

Hahaha all good mate I have very thick skin, I can be an antogonist at times.

Lynch seemed to be growing with confidence over preseason and looked like he had something about him before injuries got him.

Will be interesting to see how Meek goes with more ruck exposure, his a fair lump of a lad already at 24, his heavier than Draper

1 Like

Jeff’s man didn’t get the gig.

2 Likes

Will never get sick of seeing things not go Jeff’s way.

10 Likes

I know schadenfreude is a dangerous feeling, but it is appropriate in this case.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Line in the sand games on fox atm

God piccione was such a weak ■■■■

2 Likes