Season 2022 - North Melbourne

Totally agree… with the exception of the kids we’ve drafted. They owe us significant payback and should probably stay for less

10 Likes

Yeah I think the timing is very interesting, especially given the potential uncertainty around Simpson’s future at West Coast.

Zeibell on SEN right now, seems to think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and no apology was even necessary…

Imagine all the refunds that will be requested on the horne-francis signed jumpers that they flogged off at $500 in the pre season. Will probably sink them

1 Like

Lol.
Even Essendon.

I’m completely against longer than two year contracts for draftees.

It’s interesting. I wonder what the offer would be. I’m thinking 4 x $500k sounds like a big stretch and show of faith for a first year player, but the open market must be offering 5 or so x $6-700k? Am I way off here?

Have you seen the Crows midfield?

I would offer him deal that would always be remembered as the ‘Horne-Francis deal’.

We have tones of free cap space. Offer him something ridiculous.

1 mil a year for 10 years

1 Like

There is merit or validity with getting emotional and angry for a spray. There is absolutely no benefit or relevance with getting personal during the spray. None whatsoever.

Granted I haven’t read the articles, or wasn’t privy to what was said. However the fact that personal comments or attacks were mentioned is enough to realise or join some dots to what went wrong. Its not on.

2 Likes

What if Perkins requests half that and leaves because we won’t give it to him? Are you concerned about dissension in the ranks?

Haha.

To me, these situations are exactly what FA compo should be used for: guys leaving soon after being drafted.

Whereas in fact they’re ineligible, and the club would get diddly.

A family member of JHF told me pre-draft Port guaranteed they were going to come real hard for him after his first contract and would be the most likely destination if he were to leave. As another poster suggested this contract talk on hold stuff is probably just posturing for more cash, but I do think he’ll eventually end up back in SA whether it be this contract or the next.

Ring his manager dodo

1 Like

On the cash thing, I reckon North would pay him almost anything and both parties would almost conceed that. I don’t think that is likely to be the reason.

I reckon he wants out, unless team results change dramatically.

1 Like

I’d suggest the real reason for the rumours is that Noble told the players that everyone with a hyphenated surname is an effete member of the English ruling class who’s scared of the dark, constantly needs their nanny, and prefers to send their servants in to attend contested ball situations.
Consequently Horne-Francis, Davies-Uniake, and Coleman-Jones are all seeking transfers.

Number 1 pick concerned about his team being crap. There’s a reason they had the number 1 pick!

4 Likes

He’s contracted for another 18 months. I would be putting of talks too if I was him, he’ll be close to their best player this time next year he re-starts negotiations. He is tracking to be an amazing player.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I would ever be totally comfortable, if given the luxury (or curse?) of Pick 1 in the draft again, if we opted for a player outside of Victoria.

There’s too much speculation, often on an annual basis, whether that player will return home or not. Sometimes they often do.

I have little time for opposition clubs but I do have some sympathy for interstate clubs in particular who opt to draft quality young talent, do all the hard yards with them… only to have them request a trade home not long after.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me. This type of information being leaked would only come from his management - and there’s still 18 months on his rookie contract! Seems very peculiar.

Give this man a job stat. Lol