Season 2022 - Sydney

Not sure but make sure you run out onto the ground in celebration when he kicks his 1000th sausage if he does it near by.

I am sensing something lurking in the background of your post, l wonder could it be frustration?

1 Like

I am looking forward to the day when we play the Swans and Buddy fails to kick a goal.
I suspect that will be after he retires. After that, will anyone living in Sydney attend their home games?

Now going back down the Cola road bin chickens.
WTF is wrong with this club? Asking again for cola for players up to 400k.
This crap in ingrained into management at this club.

Geez. My wife and I earn about 280k combined. We are some of the better earners of our friends. No problem buying a house. 400k a year AFL players can’t afford to rent. What is wrong with SFC?

1 Like

2017 - Hartley kept him goalless.

Which is no mean feat. He’s only had 25 goalless games in a 318 game career.

1 Like

Haha I remember that one. He was spraying them everywhere. He kicked about 6 points and maybe a couple on the full.

1 Like

Not every AFL player earns that sort of cash.

However that said, the COLA is not spent on them, it is spent on making over the top offers to stars to come to the club. That is why COLA should not exist.

3 Likes

Sydney’s new “issue” is players on up to 400k can’t afford to rent. FMD.

This is the management at that club consistently trying to wrangle every possible advantage into their system at every opportunity.

Gives me the ■■■■■ it come up again.

1 Like

Have a system where players only pay an equivalent rental amount as they would in (say) Victoria, and a pool of money can cover the rest. So if a 3-bedroom house costs $X in Melbourne per week, and $X+Y in Sydney; the player pays $X and Sydney/AFL pay $Y. Case by case basis, and only available to those earning under a set amount. Heck, index it to the cheapest state in Australia and make it available to all clubs outside that state.

I agree that for the lower paid players on a list, this is a real issue. But it shouldn’t be a system rife for rorting.

1 Like

Half of that is taxed, half of the remaining money is coke money. I mean that leaves them with 100k. Its pretty hard going up there.

2 Likes

Yeah and nah.

2 Likes

Well, that’s shocking.

7 Likes
2 Likes

How old will he be at end of contract?

32yo

Born in 1996

1 Like

Heeney was never going to play anywhere else. 6 years is a decent stretch.

1 Like

Yeah he was never leaving and it would have been terrible if he did. Heart of Sydney imo.

3 Likes

Do people rate heeney? I always thought he was flashy but overrated.

4 Likes