Season 2022 - West Coast

so not just Essendon…

1 Like

When it rains it pours…

My life is complete (sound required).

4 Likes

How come so many WEagle players have come down with a suspected Covid infection, when WA has had such strict border controls? It is looking like those controls have not really worked out too well for them.

Practically none of the WA population has had it due to the border lockdowns so it’s just sweeping through now

2 Likes

Omicron only recently hit us here (5-6 weeks ago) and we have been getting up around 7-8000 cases a day recently.

The controls worked out pretty damn well given the minimal disruption to most aspects of life here for the past two years.

2 Likes

My track record on predictions this season isn’t looking great.
But at least this one from Jan 3 is holding up;

“Those teams that have a significant number of cases preseason will be less disrupted during the season.
Following that logic, the Weagles & Dockers are most at risk of major disruption later in the year,”

(Though I’d swap that prediction for any of the ones concerning Essendon success quite happily)

1 Like

No finals for the weagles this year, I had them outta my 8 anyway

1 Like

Covid has wrecked their line-up this week, with a total of 14 changes made to the list, with plenty of top ups getting a game. Having a RHG, but out of their depth.

Nic Nat is out for months with a knee injury.

Who is their backup ruck?

Not surprised, he is one too large unit. Amazed his legs haven’t packed it altogether with the weight on his frame.

1 Like

Guess he’ll have to settle for being named on the AA bench this year.

5 Likes

This creature

1 Like

He might be unfit, but fark, he just about matched Brodie Grundy’s output with 19% less time on ground and 20 less ruck contests attended.

The injury curse that only affects Essendon strikes again.

3 Likes

10 Likes

We may not be having a good season but this mob does make me feel a bit better about ours

Watch them nail the draft over the next 3 years and shoot right past us on the ladder, just like Sydney has done.

West Coast don’t stay at the bottom for long

2 Likes

Doubt it. They will need to do more than just draft. It isn’t just the players they have already lost, but the players they will lose over the next 2 - 3 years. Their bookends will be gone by then and Kennedy, Darling & McGovern won’t be easy to replace.

1 Like