Season 2022 - West Coast

l have not seen a defence is such disarray as the WEagles last night in the second quarter. They were running around like a bunch of headless chooks, absolutely clueless. Glorious stuff to see.

They’re just a professional outfit unfortunately who have shown they can fast track a rebuild quicker than most.

They’ve got Oscar Allen as a young key forward ready to replace Darling who may have a few more years left in him anyway. McGovern is still playing good footy and they’ll probably let him go in free agency next year to net them potentially a first round compo

Nothing would make me happier than seeing them down the bottom of the ladder for a while though

Is this the McGovern who’ll be 32 at the start of 2024, and has struggled to get on the park the last two seasons?
First round compo pick!?
You’re dreaming.
And I thought it was Essendon players who were overrated as trade bait.

Nah the Weagles are stuck with his contract, and at best you’re talking a Luke Hodge situation.
No one is paying the probable $800K for 3 years that it takes to trigger first round compo for McGovern.

1 Like

mate they have won a flag, a wooden spoon and another flag in the time we havent won a final

they will no doubt do it again

1 Like

No. He’s out of contract next year.

Hes only just turned 30 and played 15 of 22 games last year and 12 of 18 games the year before. Before that he barely missed a game

Currently averaging a career high in disposals, marks, rebound 50s and intercepts (he’s leading the league intercepts per game)

He’s a multiple AA player who has a good 3-4 years left currently in a poor side. You don’t think a contending team would put a big contract in front of him in order to entice him to switch clubs?

What a laugh at suggesting im overrating a 4 time AA defender

The West Australian and 7News reports McGovern, who’s contracted until the end of 2023, is set to forfeit up to $200,000 of his $1.1 million salary to allow room for Josh Kennedy and Shannon Hurn in the Eagles’ salary cap.

Try the Hodge comparison
I’m not knocking what McGovern has done - it’s what he has to offer in 2024,25 & 26.

Geez did I misread your reply. Sorry if I did!

He’s never been a player that relies on athleticism. Can see him playing into his 30s like Hurn.

But maybe you’re right

Kennedy, Shuey, McGovern, Hurn, NicNat and Darling are all gonna be gone over the next 3 years. Gaff might pull the plug early too, or look at going through the Geelong retirement village.

Some very sad news for Sampi

Former Eagles forward Ashley Sampi has revealed he’s been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) via a heartfelt social media post on his uncle’s Facebook page.

A statement on Tuesday was uploaded to the Facebook page of Indigenous Australian actor and presenter Ernie Dingo – Sampi’s uncle – that was attributed to the ex-West Coast goalkicker and ended with a call raise funds to support those living with the condition.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Matty Knights is coaching the eagles this week due to Simpson going into health and safety protocols

Good luck eagles with that farking spud

3 Likes

Brisbane could legit win by 25 goals

3 Likes

Eagles will be playing exciting footy this week - run and gun.

In: WInder, Petrucelle

apparently has done his hammy at training?

only 22 players available. for selection this week.

Eagles COVID crisis: WAFL guns Angus Schumacher, Jake Florenca, Declan Mountford to play for West Coast

West Coast actually got worse when the experienced players returned - they are all so physically underdone…

I’ll be cheering the top-ups on.

2 Likes

My god, the scenes if Knights coaches this mob to a win.

Matthew Knights to coach Eagles - old friends to rescue

In breaking news.

With the recent Covid outbreak stretching the Eagles’ playing list very thin, stand in coach Matthew Knights has called in some familiar faces to help stop the rot. Making their West Coast debuts this weekend will be Nathan Lovett-Murray and Michael Quinn. Lovett-Murray is expected to fill the gap left in the ruck with the continued absence of Nic Natauni and protocols limiting the other available ruckman. Quinn who happened to be holidaying in Perth from his home back in Ireland, was only too happy to help out his old coach in these unprecedented times.

6 Likes