Season 2023 - Fark Carlton

Hairy Lemmy, huh? Fark Carlton.

3 Likes

3-3 in games decided by 2 goals or less?

4-5 if you extend that to 3 goals.

Not all one way traffic.

What the hell is A Saad?

I don’t hate this club anymore. Spoon upon spoon, scandal upon scandal, coach upon coach, failure upon failure, for over two decades. They’ve got a raft of first round draft picks, all-australians, multiple reigning coleman medalists, reigning brownlow medalist and yet… they can’t even make finals, let alone be relevant. I can’t hate this club, because they’re too pathetic to care about, they’re Gold Coast with a worse theme song and even lamer coach, which is the biggest insult I can level at them. They’re Gold Coast Suhs for people with depression.

Until they become good again, then they will become insufferable. No different to us

1 Like

Sure, but the games they won were often games they led for the majority of the game, whereas the losses they tended to be right in it or even ahead with not long to go.

They’re going to be top 4 this year.

And we are going to hate every second of it.

2 Likes

Fixed.

1 Like

Sadly, I’m tipping top 4.

Cripps, Walsh, Cerra and Hewett form a great inside team whilst Docherty moved to the middle late with good success, so will be interested to see if they keep him there. Kennedy was in career best form too until injuries got the better of him, although I struggle to see a spot for him in that midfield rotation if everyone is firing. Acres was another shrewd move to improve a weakness on the wings and I think he’ll be pretty valuable and a big upgrade on Lochie O’Brien who was just OK. Big issue is still a lack of pace and depth as I don’t think Zac Williams is the answer, so they need injuries to stay away. They have too much class at either end not to be a contender I think but pace and their smalls might just be their undoing.

Fark Carlton

5 Likes

A :snake:

3 Likes

Grub club with grub fans and a * brownlow medalist.

Hand back your medal.

2 Likes

The opposite of B Haappy.

5 Likes

Probably still reliant on too few.

Not sure how they are fitting them into the Salary Cap - not that the AFL seems to care:

I agree that they can lose from anywhere.

It’s good.

1 Like

Fark Carlton

If they make the 8 next season it comes down to two factors

• How well they mentally recover from one of the worst late-season collapses in recent memory. Remember that they didn’t have an injury or external crisis to account for this.
  • How well they manage with injuries. Curnow is just one example of a key player held together by wet napkins.
  • Fark Carlton

Fark Carlton

1 Like

2022 rekindled my despise for these arseholes. Can’t stand them. More than anyone by a mile.

But I don’t understand this narrative that they had a failure of year, underperformed and didn’t deliver. They should have made finals from the mid-season position they were in, but they’d been uncompetitive for nearly a decade and now play some decent football and almost matched it with some of the best sides.

They’ve clearly improved and are clearly on the right track with some very good players and it ■■■■■■ kills me.

3 Likes

If Geelong, Richmond, Sydney & other teams who have consistently been winning finals & flags can stay under the cap then Carlton with no recent success should not be in any trouble…yet.

If Tom De Koning continues his upward trend this year, clubs will come with huge offers that they surely wont be able to match, not without offloading a Williams or McGovern (or both).

We would be a prime candidate to put forward such an offer, particularly as Bryan doesnt seem likely to transition to Ruck/Forward effectively.