Season 2023 - Gold Coast

Cochrane is already gone:

2 Likes

It’s just as well it wasn’t Dew throwing his weight behind Cochrane…

1 Like

Why do they still exist

1 Like

To make Blitz feel good when we beat them.

1 Like

dew has been coaching for 6 years?

1 Like

I didn’t like the movie but thought that Stuart Dew was very convincing in his performance in ‘The Whale’, much more so than as a coach.

You can blame player managers for that. They saw a crack in the clubs that were loaded with high draft picks and determined to build a club. The managers knew they were keen to hold onto players long term.

Paul Connors has publicly stated he told his clients who were draftees to commit to big contracts in their initial year and then seek to leave if they wish, so they still get paid big bucks.

You also don’t know if the kids would be A,B, or C class talent at the time.

1 Like

The way i see it, if youre a kid with big dreams to play AFL footy, it would be very demoralizing to land at a football club who are jealous of the success of St Kilda FC and have absolutely no fans. Empty stands at your games every week unless a big Victorian club comes to visit. And unlike GWS where you can point to numerous finals appearances and a history of strong culture, its only natural that they would have to pay massive overs for mediocre talent. a Gold Coast tax if you will.

Who has been the biggest loss over the years for the Suns?
  • Tom Lynch
  • Charlie Dixon
  • Peter Wright
  • Steven May
  • Izak Rankine
  • Dion Prestia
  • Jack Bowes + Pick 7
  • Jaeger O’Meara
  • Josh Caddy

0 voters

1 Like

I saw he said he is staying coz of dew. The players love him, but he is the typical ■■■■ coach that the players love, until a more competent coach comes into the job and they realise pretty quickly what they’d been missing out on.

Humphrey is a gun though, i wish we got him.

They are equal 7th with Miller and Weller to come back in, Dew has the group behind him, can see them having a decent push into the 8 over the new few years.

The game plan doesn’t seem all that bad, only had a few losses that could have been smaller but were competitive for the most. Probably would have had a closer run at finals if not for some unlucky injuries, sadly for them looks similar this year so far

1 Like

I think they are starting to look good

That fwd group of taller players is an excellent mix and all kicked multiple goals

King (3), Lukosious (5), Casboult -fwd/ruck (2) and Humphrey med fwd/mid (2)

Lukosious is really coming along and been on fire. We know what King can do and working back into his season post injury well. Humphrey had immediate impact. And Casboult is a brute (which King & Luko are not) and one of best contested marks in game.

1 Like

Best I’ve ever seen them play last night when they banged on 9 goals in a row.

The most interesting thing about GC’s game to me was Jeffrey off half back.
His run, high marking, and occasional dashes of sublime talent might actually make him a genuine menace there.

He still went missing for a bit, but way less than when he plays forward.
Don’t recall him getting outpointed in a contest, either.

1 Like

They’re going to win a final before us.

2 Likes

Oh, I wouldn’t go that far.
They have serious deficiencies.
And Adelaide have gone from Ballarat to Darwin, be fair.

They playing finals at TIO Stadium Darwin are they?

Adelaide played in Adelaide last week. I don’t think their travel has anything to do with it

Apart from the Crows belting the Lions in Adelaide last week