Season 2023 - Gold Coast

I have them winning 5 maybe 6 games from here. That won’t be enough to play finals.
They do tend to capitulate late in seasons too

Out of interest, what do you believe these deficiencies are?

I reckon they look pretty solid across the board at the moment. Like us I reckon you could say that they could do with a gun small forward (Rankine :grimacing:) and another strong gun key defender (Mac Andrew not ready yet on a few fronts).

Other than that I reckon they are pretty well served.

Good ruckman. On-ball brigade of Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Swallow, Humphrey is strong.

A diverse and deep group of tall forward options.

I like them!

Edit: Maybe genuine, decent wingmen they might lack for too?

I wonder if the club has considered the money-making potential of having Mountain Dew sponsor their coach?

2 Likes

Oh bravo!

Hes not the picture of good health tho stewie.

I mena yeah you drink loads of mountain dew you will end up with a strewie dew physique.

(Is deffo looking trimmer now tho)

Nope. They’ll sneak in and jag a win. Probably against us.

All over the ground, really.
As productive as Lukosius was, he’s no Stringer, and as out of touch as King is, he’s no 2MP.
Casboult was impressive early, but doesn’t look like anything we can’t handle.
Their midfield belted Adelaide’s (which I do not rate and I think it’s absolute madness that they’re chasing Redman over a mid-aged, even B Grade genuine mid) but I honestly don’t think they’d cause us any concerns.
I will say that Rosa’s game was a worry.
It was rubbish, but it was rubbish that was always a half second away from brilliance, but even then…yes, I think we have that well covered, too.
Ellis is an accumulator and nothing more, and woefully out of form.
Atkins is seriously meh.
Berry is complete pants. Yes, I know he’s on the fringe of the team, but even so.
Ballard and Collins shouldn’t be giving any forwards nightmares.

Yes, I know they have Miller to come back.
He’s genuine quality.
They’ve also played Oea three times this year; and I have doubts whether he can actually play the game at all.

And more than any of that, they don’t look like a team to me.
I’m able to make those sort of calls on players individually because they don’t play as a unit.
Their overall pressure on Adelaide didn’t impress me.
Even when they kicked, was it nine goals in a row? They never seemed imposing.
Sure, they kicked away in the last half of the last quarter, but until the last…ten minutes of the game they still didn’t feel safe.

Also, I realise there was a game inbetween where Adelaide beat Brisbane, in Adelaide, but I still think going from Ballarat to Darwin within two weeks is a pretty big call for any team.

Edit: Rowell is impressively dogged. But again, I think you need much more than that.

Edit: edit: Adelaide is still a very young team. Their backline is structure over talent, and Hinge is also seriously pants.

1 Like

Their 2 wins against us in their entire 12 year history (one of those being when we had top up players) will inspire a lot of confidence in them if that ever occurs.

100% agree

I openly stated I thought they were wasting Jack fwd as he looked great at HB, well he has certainly found his way up there a s proved me wrong!

Won’t matter when it comes to a final. We turn to ■■■■.

Fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I agree with some of that. In particular Oea having no idea what he’s doing, Ellis and Atkins both being pretty soft and not amazing and yeah their small forward setup is lacking a real crafty opportunist. Ainsworth is a good player but not as sharp around goals as he should be and Rosas is promising but still has a way to go.

I do however think you’re underrating Ballard who is one of the best key defender interceptors in the comp, as well as Ben King who will only get better and already has shown that he has the tools to be one of the better key forwards in the comp IMO.

And their midfield was a little too downplayed IMO. Anderson, Rowell, Miller, Swallow and Humphrey is just about on the podium for the best 5 man on ball unit in the comp.

Anyway, I like them so maybe I’m a bit biased! Haha

1 Like

They can’t blame injury this time around if (when?) they miss out on finals. Touk back next week and just about the entire squad fit and available.

Tough 6 weeks coming up for them

Collingwood at home
Port away
Saints at home
Giants away
Lions at home
Crows away

Yeah that’s a horror stretch. Time for them to surprise people.

I doubt it though!

That Carlton match was just so bad at a time they needed to win to put themselves in the box seat.

2 Likes

Same.

Reckon they win one of their next 6.

Gold Coast, eh?

They’re still a thing? Huh.

Fold for mine. How many ■■■■ Gold Coast give?

1 Like

Caroline (Footy Classified) reporting tonight that Stuart Dew’s “days are done” and he will be “gone by the end of the month”. It is the story leading the show tonight.

She is very confident Hardwick will be announced coach at the end of the year.

Sounds like Mark Evans (CEO) has been in her ear… she has said his relationship with Dew has “soured”.

Please dont let them get Hardwick

1 Like

Hardwick is cooked

3 Likes