Season 2023 - Hawthorn

Newcombe is a dead set gun love to have him at our club

Lewis going down is big!!

Is case one or two of our forwards aren’t available round 1 let’s hope they aren’t far away as I reckon we chalk this game down as a win, Hawks rebuild is on.

Pooh and wees
On its knees
In 23

Fark the Hawks

4 Likes

Blummers is right with his post - Bottom 2 and probaly wooden spooners - They cut to deep and didn’t have the star factor to get up high in the draft - This model needs you to have a minimum of 6 or 7 top 20 picks in a two year period to build success, or you banking on fluking later picks to be top quality AFL players.

Meanwhile earthmoving is in full swing down at “The Tip”: their cold and windy hill top site in Dingley.

They have about 10 contractors cabins onsite, dozers, graders, elevating scrapers, and its full on.
They just have to watch out they dont cut through the tip capping and start a methane explosion. Also need to sink some decent piles, or build an extra thick slab for their buildings.

They will go for a massive PR exercise over the next 2 years, because the Dingley site will be the only thing to get excited about at the Hawks in 2023,24 and probably 25.

3 Likes

Sam Mitchell trying to bring the unsoicalble Hawks again.

Said to his players we dont want to be nice on field i like it

Hope Brad said something simalar i want teams to fear us we been a nice team for too long

1 Like

That’s going to be cute as they get their arses handed to them week after week this season.

3 Likes

They’ll try and do line in the sand while down 40 points after half time.

Also how befeft must their list be if they have Sicily as captain?

1 Like

I dislike Sicily, but he’s not a bad player and probably their only reasonable choice.

1 Like

Siclly a good choice

2 Likes

They have had massive captain trouble in the post Hodge era.

How bereft were they when they had Pinchy Stratton as their captain, if not bereft the first year, they continued with him for a year when he was clearly outside their best 23

I mean if it was a case of General Hodge leading the team from the backline, it was Pvt Stratton for the last 2 years of his AFL career.

2 Likes

Sicily is the best choice they have. He leads by example and plays the game hard. For a young list and a club in the middle of a rebuild he is the ideal choice.

3 Likes

if they didn’t give to Sicily next best is probably Jai Newcombe and he’s only 22.

Breust too old
Wingard, Impey, Amon mercenaries
Then you have Hardwick and Worpel

They had 1 competitive quarter in them…

They won’t win a game.

Got the Mark Neeld / David Noble stink about em

1 Like

My word they look like absolute dog sh-t.

Theyve got what they wanted though in pick 1 mission accomplished.

2 Likes

I’m going with shitandpiss rather than pissandshit

■■■■■■■ cactus. Will be ■■■■ for a decade.

I know the Shiel trade reads like a bad one for us, but geez… what did Hawthorn give up for Wingard??

Given how much scorched earth they’ve left behind them, him still running around is one of the more pointless things you’d ever wish to see.

1 Like

Andn if ever there was a typical Hawthorn ■■■■ ■■■■ perfect to lead them it’s scicily