Season 2023 - Sydney

I see you haven’t made a trip to WA, they have every team covered for booing players and umps alike

4 Likes

Who could forget that game vs WCE where Jobe got loudly booed every time he went near it…

And our cardboard cutout coach claimed he hadn’t heard it…

7 Likes

We should be proud. Well done to everyone!

3 Likes

I have booed a few times at the footy. Not for the first point.
Booing the chumpires was at one stage almost a national sport of its own. The booing of the chumps often started before the game even started, when they were announced on the big scoreboard/scree. Waverley even had a great little graphic of a cartoon chump showing his face from behind a door and then quickly pulling his head in again to avoid being hitting with flying rubbish. Maybe someone can find some vision of it to post, it was only a short clip, but it was all done in good fun.

I have also booed thug acts on the ground, hello Lethal and Germie!

2 Likes

The media are going to make another Goodes situation out of this.

They are disgusting.

5 Likes

Are there any reports of racial abuse being yelled out towards Buddy from the weekend? That accompanied the boos?

None at all.

I haven’t heard of any. Nothing been reported.

So much this. The media keep saying AFL is all about entertainment, booing and creating an atmosphere is part of it all.

If Franklin was white, no way does him being booed even make a headline- at all. Media just love to beat something up and give themselves to froth over and circle jerk about

Screw Franklin, the guy is a twat

And screw anyone who judges people that boo players

5 Likes

The best environment at the footy is when two sets of supporters are cheering on their teams from the top of their lungs - Add some chanting and singing and you have a wonderful atmosphere - Booing does not add to this theatre and I always wonder why you would waste time booing at an event - Then again cheering is a positive statement while booing is a negative statement - Enough said.

Off topic but I really hate it when the bar person (see what I did there) simply tries to tap my card without showing me how much they’ve debited

interesting.
what if a bunch of white aussies, or hell even aboriginal aussies claimed the didn’t want NEW zealand performing the hakka before games because of it’s intimidation and an inciting of potential violence or that it’s a tactic designed to scare people, and that the reasoning for it was that it’s toxic and absuive and bully culture.

would you still want them to continue that behaviour ? because of the potential for SOME to not like it ?

1 Like

I make them show me the amount on the EFTPOS terminal before I tap, especially if they’ve manually entered it as opposed to the register sending the amount to the terminal automatically. Manual entry has a chance of fat fingering\missing the decimal point. Almost has $19 of fish and chips go through at $91 the other day.

1 Like

People boo if they aren’t happy with something at a game- an umpiring decision, a big hit one one of their players etc

AFL players have it easy, should see the kind of abuse soccer players get overseas at games. It’s absolutely insane. AFL and the footy media have gone completely soft

2 Likes

Booing Horne-Francis made a headline
Booing Jobe Watson created a headline
Eagles fans defend booing teary Brownlow medallist Jobe Watson | PerthNow

Jason Horne-Francis is indigenous.

Apparently.

There was nothing about it pre draft (other than his model citizen step dad) but as of last year he now considers himself to be indigenous and so do the AFL as they included him in the diagram which covers every AFL and AFLW player.

Haha sh¡t. I’m not going there :sweat_smile:

But media didnt make that a racist thing either did they.
was more poor 19 year old kid.

1 Like

So for consistency purposes, anyone booing JHF must be considered racist. Will the sanctimonious, snowflake set in the AFL media world go with this?

1 Like

Absolutely. Under the 1 drop rule, you’re either indigenous or you’re not, so therefore everyone who has been booing JHF is racist just like those booing Franklin. Apparently.