Season 2024 - Collingwood

FFS, the article is under Paul Amy’s name. THIS MASTHEAD is leaching off his billion-times-more-reliable name .

I posted on GF day they were an average GF winning team who fell over the line in their three finals wins. Nothing, I’ve seen in the off-season suggests they will be better in 2025 which they need to be at the pointy end.

1 Like

Son of the same Jeff Parker who played at Essendon?

One thing the Pies have that other teams don’t have, is self belief. This has kept them in games for longer and more often than any other team. They have made this tactic into an art form, and they will be strong contenders once more.

2 Likes

Just beat these ■■■■■ on ANZAC Day

1 Like

14 Likes

3 Likes

nice to see pies 0-3
will be cheering for Lions next week.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Their slow start is fun but it is overstated. Even if they lose next week, they are coming. It will click.

4 Likes

Interestingly they seem to have been worked out a bit. Teams seem to be putting a lot of energy and pressure on the initial chain that begins off half back.

Teams are forcing turnovers in the spot between half back and centre and when they do get the ball off often it seems that they kick it straight down the opponent’s defenders throats.

Its bizzare that their get ahead of the footy downhill skiing was able to hold up for a whole season. We just need Pendles and Sidebottom to finally go over the hill and then just belt the living crap out of the Daicos lads and its all over.

1 Like

There is nothing more certain than Collingwood going interstate with their backs against the wall and grinding out a gutsy 1 or 2 point win against the odds.

Remember this post next week

2 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly things move in footy. And how quickly you go from viewing a team as amazing to suddenly seeing holes everywhere.

I look at them and you go well Pendlebury, Howe, Sidebottom and Cox are all close to being done.

Their tall stocks apart from Moore are incredibly poor at both ends. Especially if Murphy retires.

And apart from Daicos they have very few stand out kids coming through.

1 Like

Brisbane by 10 goals

1 Like

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Its Owen…

2 Likes

The Graham Wright situation is just weird to me too. Apparently he was feeling burnt out and in need of an extended holiday. So he offered to resign but got talked out of it and instead his roles have been divided up internally until he returns in September.

It sounds alright in theory but if things continue on in the current trajectory you just know that it is going to be discussed over and over again in the media.

The poor bugger will probably just end up feeling guilty as all hell rather than detaching and enjoying his holiday. He’ll probably need another one after this! :laughing:

1 Like

Collingwood over-performed for the talent on their list last year. They won too many games by less than a kick, and they rely a lot on winning last quarters, which they’re still doing, but a little less effectively than last year, and teams are wise to it.

For mine, Lions look worse so far than Collingwood, which they have no right to, given the ridiculous amount of individual talent they have. I’m hoping the Lions rouse themselves at home and take out the Pies though.

One last thought. I like McRae, and I’m envious of what he’s built with their team. But how insipid does his post match press conference sound when they’re losing? He made some comment about everyone viewing him as ‘edgy’, but not able to see his softer side of support for the players. I’ve only ever seen the softer side from him, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but never edgy. What a strange take…

2 Likes

He’s pretty fkn good at what he does it seems.

If he wants a stress free year off, we should be offering him a job with a starting time of his choosing. Fk Collingwood right off.

1 Like

I always think that when people challenge any predictions of a team making finals that maybe unlikely with ‘well who drops out?’

The answer is, anyone. The margin between a good team and an average team is so fine.

1 Like