Season 2024 - West Coast

Bring in Worsfold.

3 Likes

The stars are aligning to Ben cousins to coach the weagles.

2 Likes

You would think he would know the basic stuff.

Did Harley say this or Simpson just for context, as it really changes the narrative

12 Likes

Simpson

1 Like

■■■■■■ if I would stay just to be ridiculed on Television and Media…for one more game, would be booking my flight to Ibiza

2 Likes

He has cleaned himself up and with his knowledge of the game blah blah blah

Only when said stars have finished dancing with each other

2 Likes

I can’t believe that they didn’t get alignment on that before the press conference. Ask him if he wants one final game or not and take it from there. Or have the balls to tell him he’s finished effective immediately and he’s not coaching another game. What we did with Rutten that final week of 2022 when we all knew he was gone and did the end up sacking him before the final game was a joke. This isn’t quite as bad but still pretty rubbish…

1 Like

Every club for themselves obviously on how they handle people and culture affairs.

But gee I am sure a lot of these people at the club are on big money to handle these situations. Or maybe they like the press and spotlight, you know making it about themselves ?

These “CEO’s” of footy clubs aren’t necessarily the smartest tools in the shed. Doubt many would get a second interview as a CEO of an ASX listed/Corporate company.

4 Likes

The latter sounds more likely. Surely a first year kid isn’t the one pulling the strings to get a coach sacked.

1 Like

More likely but not as much fun.

2 Likes

Wishful thinking: Simpson makes off-season recovery to take over his old club when Clakko gets the flikko.

Now Adam Simpson is available I’d say both Adelaide clubs would be sitting up…Nicks and Hinkley on the watch list next year!

Apologies if this has been reported here or elsewhere, but is it known which players were involved in the text message exchange about wanting Simpson gone? Or was that whole story just a lot of bollocks?

This would be the perfect development coach for them!

2 Likes

Staggered that the unprofessionalism from the club the last few years hasnt leaked to the media. The way he and Gavin Bell their General Manager Football have behaved is appalling. Also, the reason he didn’t walk ages ago and the reason he didn’t get punted is because he has a backended coaching contract because the AwFL let’s that ■■■■ happen in footy departments as well. The losers of that are the other footy dept staff who get paid ■■■■ and told to eat ■■■■ while the bigger than god Simpson ran his own race while dikbag Nisbett was in charge. Then Matthew Lloyd goes on his footy shows and says they need to spend more money in development…they can’t because the coach gets overpaid and there coaching staff is lighter than it was last year in both experience and total numbers.

The WA media protected them incredibly for years.

Suck ■■■■ to that filthy club. Man Simmo has got a great rub from the media, if they actually cared to know what was going on he would have been picked apart; either the eastern states commentators are clueless or they protected him.

Honestly cannot believe some of the stuff that hasnt come out.

1 Like

This club is not just protected by the media, 7west/The West are their number one cheerleader. Living in the west myself, it is Farking sickening the favorable treatment they get compared to the Shockers.

2 Likes